Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #1
kapo
Argentina Presente!

Drives: 07 White LB
dealer trade-in payoff question..

Hi, I have a question.. first, this is something that already happen.. but I have a question..

Before the yaris I have a VW, but I went to a toyota dealer to trade-in that car for a yaris. Ok, the toyota dealer agreed to payoff my trade-in with x amount of money.. the day i bought the yaris, I call VW to cancel the warranty of the VW, a few days later they credit the warranty money to the VW loan. So, I was happy that I was going to receive a check because of the difference.

Tried of waiting, I call VW and they told me that Toyota paid less money (original trade-in value minus the warranty money). I think they checked AGAIN the payoff of the car before sending the payment, and they sent less money.

My dilemma... Toyota agreed to paid X amount of money for the payoff, and they sent less money because they saw that the payoff was less money. Thats something I need to go and fight? Or because I didn't own that money anyways I don't need to do anything?

Thanks!
kapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #2
smokinyaris

Drives: bad boy
this is what the dealers do to earn you business but at the same time they pay off your current loan your remaining balance will be rolled over to your new car..................u know
smokinyaris is offline   Reply With Quote