Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #73
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Approaching 50K miles and have replaced the battery and tyres... and the hatch lift supports (under warranty).
Above post referred to my 2007 and was written on 10-04-2010.

I sold the 2007 with over 90K miles, and the car ran like new. Additionally, I had to change a worn out belt, the battery a second time, the wipers, and the tyres again.

I would consider my 2007 to be a completely trouble free car... except the clear-coat paint was peeling.

Now, my 2014 has over 60K miles. I've changed the battery, wipers, and tyres. The car runs like a champ. I love it every time I get behind the wheel. The 2014 is also proving to be trouble free.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:54 PM   #74
Freedomage

Drives: YARIS 2010 1NR-FE MMT
I have 2010 yaris 1.3 dvvti semi auto at 140k, so far I've it fixed/changed:
Brake pads numerous times
Front rotors last month for the first time.
Brake fluid 3 times,
Filters "oil,air,intake" 13 times.
Clutch last weekend for the first time.
Spark plugs at 100k for the first time,

Never breaks down never trouble anything.
Freedomage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #75
Freedomage

Forgot to say my sister has had an audi a3 hatchback 2008 AT for 6 years at the same milage of mine and her car's steering wheel locked while I was driving 4 years ago at that time milage was like 60k and I was terrified(It happened twice). We have it fixed 2 times and transmission also broke down twice. Today a3's engine check light is still on(have never seen it off) I scanned DTCs MAF sensor, Fuel pressure sensor and O2 sensor broken down I have just ordered sensors to fix it. She is looking for a yaris today...
Freedomage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #76
DiCaprio
Just a Gaijin

Drives: 2006 Yaris 4 door 1.3l
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiCaprio View Post
Oh yeah the car needs to pass TÜV Inspection this Friday, so wish my luck haha.
My Yaris passed the inspection. They only had to change the rear brake pads.
(Every 1.3l french build car has rear discs instead of drums, as far as i'm concerned)

I'm just curious as to why the back brake pads worn out quicker than the front ones.

Last edited by DiCaprio; 12-08-2017 at 11:13 AM.
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #77
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
I've had my Yaris since December 16th, 2010. Zero problems, excluding normal wear and tear. Does it get any better than this? Don't think so. In terms of reliability, it's the best car I've ever owned. I'll probably end up giving it to my nephew when he graduates high school in 4 years, and then I'll get another one. If not new, used.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:04 PM   #78
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
brake pads rust corrosion dirt front versus rear

Quote:
My Yaris passed the inspection. They only had to change the rear brake pads.
(Every 1.3l french build car has rear discs instead of drums, as far as i'm concerned)

I'm just curious as to why the back brake pads worn out quicker than the front ones.
Because the rear rotors are more contaminated/corroded? Like everything else at the rear of the car...from spray off the front tires. Notice how much thicker the crud layer on the backside of the rims is on the rear vs. the front? (Can see this on the outside of rims too.)
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:54 PM   #79
Freedomage

Quote:
You are wrong I have a french build 1.3 yaris 2010 which doesnt have rear disks.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #80
stykerdk
Yaris Hybrid Limited 2015

Drives: yaris Hybrid limited 2015
And XP13 1,3 +1,4 diesel french build also has rear drums but Hybrid has rear discs and bigger front discs.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:24 AM   #81
DiCaprio
Just a Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomage View Post
You are wrong I have a french build 1.3 yaris 2010 which doesnt have rear disks.
Is yours a base model then? I'm still trying to figure out why I have disks and others don't. Mine is a 2006 by the way.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #82
Freedomage

Quote:
Is yours a base model then? I'm still trying to figure out why I have disks and others don't. Mine is a 2006 by the way.
Mid model.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:14 AM   #83
daddz07

Drives: Yaris 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to daddz07
I still have my 2008 yaris brand new in replacement for my 2001 Toyota Tacoma because for one reason.....GAS!!

Freaking Gas sky rocket back 2006-2010. And the small cars re born.. from mini to VW to smart car to yaris. Mine came in fresh from the boat at the long beach I hav no regret when I exchange my truck for my Yaria. IMY YARIS...

THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE IS SAFETY!!
IT'S A TIN CAN.. IT IS INCLUDED ON THE LIST OF CARS TO BE AVOIDED THAT WILL KILL YOU.

IT IS TRUE ..IF YOUR AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER, THEN BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!

But IF you are a good driver, that really loves cars. ....Boy it will.last. just make sure it is maintained pretty well.
I have it 2008 and now it's 2017 and i still have it, never had an issue whet it comes performance. It May not be perfect but sure is fun to drive.

be safe out there?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
daddz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #84
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Is that CaliYaris another rear-wiper-delete?
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:05 PM   #85
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddz07 View Post
THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE IS SAFETY!!
IT'S A TIN CAN.. IT IS INCLUDED ON THE LIST OF CARS TO BE AVOIDED THAT WILL KILL YOU.
I'm not so sure about this part, my friend. Over the years, a lot of people have posted about some fairly serious accidents they've been involved in with their Yaris and for it's size, has done really well in protecting them. It's not going to provide the level of protection a full size truck would, but I don't know about it being on any kill lists either.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #86
daddz07

Drives: Yaris 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to daddz07
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I'm not so sure about this part, my friend. Over the years, a lot of people have posted about some fairly serious accidents they've been involved in with their Yaris and for it's size, has done really well in protecting them. It's not going to provide the level of protection a full size truck would, but I don't know about it being on any kill lists either.
Honestly when I saw that article, I don't believe that either. But still it's not a tank just like any other car. Or maybe with that lot of people who survived, we can consider it pure luck, which is good that they are safe.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
daddz07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:54 PM   #87
DiCaprio
Just a Gaijin

Since when have fuel prices sky rocketed in the US? You still only pay like 2.80$ per gallon in California. In Germany regular petrol costs like 6.00$ a gallon, because of tax and other governmental shit. Americans can consider themselves lucky, that they can still drive their 6 Liter Trucks because of relatively cheap fuel prices. And everyone is wondering why German car manufacturers are downsizing... emission laws and fuel prices, they have no other options but downsizing VW tried to cheat and see what happened to them.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #88
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Since when have fuel prices sky rocketed in the US? You still only pay like 2.80$ per gallon in California. In Germany regular petrol costs like 6.00$ a gallon, because of tax and other governmental shit. Americans can consider themselves lucky, that they can still drive their 6 Liter Trucks because of relatively cheap fuel prices. And everyone is wondering why German car manufacturers are downsizing... emission laws and fuel prices, they have no other options but downsizing VW tried to cheat and see what happened to them.
I think the reference was of several years back. There was a point where we were nearly at $6 a gallon. At that time, interest in smaller, fuel saving cars ramped up. Now that prices are mostly back down, the truck nuts drag on.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #89
stykerdk
Yaris Hybrid Limited 2015

Drives: yaris Hybrid limited 2015
]The XP13 is a really safe car its just retested by EURO-NCAP and got 5 stars again.
It is really few models from 2011 that still can get 5 stars under 2017 conditions.
https://www.euroncap.com/en/results/toyota/yaris/29484
A big car is no guarantee for its safe it is the construction with collision zones that makes it safe.
Just se this from top gear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLLanPwRgio
And this one with an Yaris XP13 against older american estate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn53MGa1v_o

Last edited by stykerdk; 12-15-2017 at 12:08 PM.
stykerdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:26 PM   #90
hairygityeti
Sir Rustalot

Drives: Toyota Yaris silver 2000 reg
reliable ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatoman View Post
Hi all! I just purchased a used 2007 Yaris 4 door hatchback about a month ago. It has 67,500Km (41,942 miles) and so far I'm loving it!
As a first time Toyota owner, I just want to get some feedback on reliability.
I keep hearing how Toyotas are very reliable, but are there any significant problems with the Yaris that I should be concerned about?
If anyone has ever had mechanical or other issues please post.

Thanks!
My Yaris is a MKI and 18 years old used and abused she just keeps rolling.
She maybe a rusty pile of bolts with no power steering,no central locking,no AC,no alloys...none of the bells and whistles but shes got character ,charm, and determination , and i love to drive her.I wish my body was as reliable as a Toyota i wouldnt be of work right now!