Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-21-2006, 04:14 AM   #1
becomingx

Drives: 05 Scion xA Release Series 1.0
Question Does anyone have a liftback in Meteorite Metallic?

I'm sorry if this is redundant, but I can't seem to find any real life pics of the car in meteorite.. Is that the same as silver lining? It appears to be a darkish grey-silver color.. I'm sort of torn between that, black, and blazing blue pearl..

All the local dealers in GA said that there won't be any liftbacks unless someone puts money down on one, bc the "local market" isn't interested in liftbacks/hatches... Its ridiculous.. How can they expect to sell the cars if they won't even TRY!!! I just want to test drive one.. I guess I'll have to drive to Atlanta to even just SEE one in person...

Please repy with pics of your meteorite LB!!!!

Thanks

Doug
becomingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
DARK505

Drives: Subaru Impreza WRX
I havent seen one on person... and there seem to be very few on the board with that color...
Here are some of the only pics ive seen of them:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30

Welcome to the forum!
DARK505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #3
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by becomingx
I'm sorry if this is redundant, but I can't seem to find any real life pics of the car in meteorite.. Is that the same as silver lining? It appears to be a darkish grey-silver color.. I'm sort of torn between that, black, and blazing blue pearl..
No - Silver Lining Metallic is the darker color. Meteorite Metallic is much lighter, here's mine:

The second shot is probably a more accurate representation of what the color looks like in full daylight, the top photo was taken near sundown. More in the "Silver" thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=silver
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
yours looks like the silver lining colour idjiit, my car is a lighter silver than yours, here in canada the colour is called sliver streak mica,

it's raining out now, or else i would take a picture so you can see
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
yours looks like the silver lining colour idjiit
It's not - Silver Lining Metallic is much much darker - note the darkness compared to th rims:

A lot of what Meteorite Metallic is going to look like in person will depend on what sort of lighting it's in, and what it's next to.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:27 PM   #6
stuffy

"A lot of what Meteorite Metallic is going to look like in person will depend on what sort of lighting it's in, and what it's next to."

i totally agree idjiit, but from looking at the various pictures of your car, the silver colour looks different than mine, a bit darker, more bluish
Old 05-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #7
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
"A lot of what Meteorite Metallic is going to look like in person will depend on what sort of lighting it's in, and what it's next to."

i totally agree idjiit, but from looking at the various pictures of your car, the silver colour looks different than mine, a bit darker, more bluish
That may be so, I'm not familiar with the Canadian silver. But it's not Silver Lining Metallic.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:35 PM   #8
stuffy

silver streak mica

here's my car, maybe you are right, not sure, this pic taken in overcast conditions

maybe they are the same, but to me, they look slightly different
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

I suspect they're the same. They both pretty much look like the hubcap color. As you said, you took yours in overcast conditions. I have similar photos of my car where it looks like that. Keep in mind I'm using a top of the line dSLR to shoot my stuff, getting the levels corrected, etc. so my photos are going to look significantly different than yours.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #10
stuffy

yeah, my digital camera is 6 years old (and shows it)
Old 05-21-2006, 03:57 PM   #11
becomingx

Drives: 05 Scion xA Release Series 1.0
Thanks for the responses, everyone.. I'm pretty sure I want any color other than Absolutely Red (no offense, but my xA is that color and I'm kinda tired of it...)
becomingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:28 PM   #12
Leenis24
lil' town up north

Drives: 07 Yaris LB 5 speed Meteorite
The one im getting is Meteorite Metallic. Not sure what it looks like yet but it should be in really soon, like two weeks tops. I didn't get to choose what color i wanted, i just got one thats coming in an allocation.
Leenis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #13
pinstarz
Ash

Drives: 07 toyota yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to pinstarz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit
No - Silver Lining Metallic is the darker color. Meteorite Metallic is much lighter, here's mine:

The second shot is probably a more accurate representation of what the color looks like in full daylight, the top photo was taken near sundown. More in the "Silver" thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=silver
the second one is it i have an 07 liftback in M.Metallic and it's kinda blue not what i was expecting because i ordered mine blindly and yea lol but i like it
Old 06-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #14
stuffy

meteorite metallic IS different than silver streak mica, i went to toyota.com (u.s. site) and saw that the u.s. sedan is only available in silver streak mica, but the u.s. liftback is only available in meteorite metallic,

which on the website is shown as being two different colours.

in canada, our hatchback is only available in silver streak mica
Old 06-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #15
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
You'd have to check color codes then. Color names may differ between countries and models but color codes are the same across all of Toyota's lineup anywhere in the world.

Silver lining metallic is 1F8.

Silver streak mica is 1E7.

Meteorite metallic is 1F4.
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #16
Leenis24
lil' town up north

Drives: 07 Yaris LB 5 speed Meteorite
Here's my Meteorite Metallic, looks nothing like the silver lining or silver streak mica. I will get better pics soon. I used my camera phone.
Attached Images

Leenis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:00 AM   #17
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Drives: .
I think a better camera is needed to get a true representative of the colour. But if the colour code is different, then it'd be different... even if it might be similar.
SmellyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #18
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Silver looks pretty good on most cars and the Yaris is no exception, I think silver looks amazing on it...if I were in the market for a Yaris hatch (in my dreams) I would have a tough time choosing between this and the blazing blue...because my first car was Silver and i want to try something new but looking sharp my friend!