Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #37
TheSilkySmooth

Drives: 08 3DR 5M Bayou Blue; 09 Fos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
Surprise! An 'independant' study commissioned and paid for by Valvoline proves their oil is better! Wow, shocking!
Oh, another EOM stooge enters the argument, He he. You Men in Silver are everywhere. LOOK OUT! OK. Valvoline states the MOBIL 1 5W-30, available (where'd it go??) on the shelves, does not meet API SM/SL specification on samples submitted to their own lab and independent lab. NO ONE can argue this point. Now, this results from a pissing contest EOM started: Mobil said their oil was the best, Valvoline said their oil was better, Mobil said prove it, and along the way M1 was found to be deficient. Tough Cookie - take your lumps. I am a fan of NEITHER. The fist time i got improperly formulated oil it came out of a Valvioline bottle. Poured like kerosene and smelled the same.

Last edited by TheSilkySmooth; 01-12-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: clarification, SP
Old 01-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #38
TheSilkySmooth

[QUOTE=auxmike;216723]This stuff gives me a headache.....
My Dad gets the synth change at the Toyo dealer on the '04 Tacoma and the '06 Corolla, and I believe it IS M1. They give him a reciept so it IS warr. covered if something goes wrong....
QUOTE]Ha ha, NOPE! Dealer changes the oil, you change the oil , doesn’t matter to Toyota regional.. MOBIL is at fault and the ball would be in their court IF the oil was found to be deficient and caused the failure. And YOU are stuck in the middle, pal. Don’t be naive. Toyota won’t take the blame for it or pay the bill. Mobil1 is not a Toyota warranteed part. Call you dealer.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #39
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
EOM stooge? I don't give a crap whose oil is better. I treat most all studies with suspicion - especially those where the competition pays someone else to test the other's product. The only ones worth paying attention to are those performed by people with no skin in the game.

Money talks - that's all this is - and it's how the world works.

Companies that perform a service for a fee are far more likely to come out in favor of the servicee's desired result. Why? Because if they want to stay in business and get future business from a given company they will give positive results. It wouldn't make sense to keep paying a company that says your product is crap.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #40
TheSilkySmooth

Quote:
EOM stooge? I don't give a crap whose oil is better. I treat most all studies with suspicion - especially those where the competition pays someone else to test the other's product. The only ones worth paying attention to are those performed by people with no skin in the game.

Money talks - that's all this is - and it's how the world works.

Companies that perform a service for a fee are far more likely to come out in favor of the servicee's desired result. Why? Because if they want to stay in business and get future business from a given company they will give positive results. It wouldn't make sense to keep paying a company that says your product is crap.
I understand this have worked for an ISO 9001 certifications, and having a house pre-purchase "inspected". Now, Do you believe the samples Failed this "expensive" sequence iva test or they are lying outright? I believe that the product sampled DID fail. Its a tough test. I think Ashland had the independent lab VERIFIY the result they found in their own lab. Ashland has in-house capabilities to perform a number these API/ ISLAC tests.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #41
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
"I understand this have worked for an ISO 9001 certifications, and having a house pre-purchase "inspected". "

Huh?

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
Old 01-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #42
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilkySmooth View Post
Run it, have engine failure, Warranty wont cover due to oil not meeting manufacturer\'s spec, Now you have to prove to E.O.M. that their oil is bad(ha!) and caused failure, wait 3 years maybe get some money if you are lucky. In the meantime you pay $4500. for engine repair. Sure I want to use that stuff!
You continue to bolding speak lies, nonesense, and your bravado proves your ignorance.

Using EP will not cause engine failure. It has never caused engine failure. It is too bad that there are many newbies to cars that could read your BS and think it is fact. I just hope that most of the people reading your flippant sarcastic comments see past your know-it-all attitude and lack of knowledge.

And I'm not even a M1 EP user....
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #43
auxmike

I swear this must be "Grumpy in NH".
What ever happend to him?
Yeah, don't feed the trolls, boys.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #44
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlow View Post
You continue to bolding speak lies, nonesense, and your bravado proves your ignorance.

Using EP will not cause engine failure. It has never caused engine failure. It is too bad that there are many newbies to cars that could read your BS and think it is fact. I just hope that most of the people reading your flippant sarcastic comments see past your know-it-all attitude and lack of knowledge.

You got pretty close to speaking that same lie again. Engine failed due to an oil related issue in a late model chevy pickup that used nothing but M1, Mr know-it-all.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 01-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #45
TheSilkySmooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlow View Post

I would respond, but you are too ignorant to formulate an argument using logic. So have a Bad day
Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #46
TheSilkySmooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
"I understand this have worked for an ISO 9001 certifications, and having a house pre-purchase "inspected". "

Huh?
Hey there's nothing really bad about being a moron. Its just your geneology and upbringing - It's not your fault Mr . Mikey
Old 01-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #47
TheSilkySmooth

MODERATER:
Close this thread - It been overtaken by haters who are not speaking to point and are just casting aspersions.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #48
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
someone got up and out the wrong side of their YARIS this morning .

Last edited by gid; 01-13-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #49
TheSilkySmooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
someone got up and out the wrong side of their YARIS this morning .
Yeah, Silverglow and Auxmike - I'm not going to tolerate this kind of verbal abuse from a couple illogical dolts. How 'bout discussing the argument points instead of going on the personal attack? I guess they have no logical argument.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #50
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
Quote:
Yeah, Silverglow and Auxmike - I'm not going to tolerate this kind of verbal abuse from a couple illogical dolts. How 'bout discussing the argument points instead of going on the personal attack? I guess they have no logical argument.
I was referring to you . You insulted me as well as of lately . What's up with the attacks ?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #51
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Silky(s) - no need to get all huffy about it. Just read that article you posted carefully.. Notice anything peculiar? Hint: Marketers...

The bottom line is that someone using Mobil 1, Valvoline or any other oil and who also does regular oil changes and doesn't beat the crap out of the car will be able to drive it until the thing falls apart. Who cares if my 200K engine has slightly more wear than someone else's 200k engine. The thing has served its purpose and it's time to get a new car!

And please... like you didn't know your post would stir things up?
Old 01-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #52
1stToyota

Drives: 2013 Chevy Spark 1LT 5-speed
Quote:
Silky(s) - no need to get all huffy about it. Just read that article you posted carefully.. Notice anything peculiar? Hint: Marketers...

The bottom line is that someone using Mobil 1, Valvoline or any other oil and who also does regular oil changes and doesn't beat the crap out of the car will be able to drive it until the thing falls apart. Who cares if my 200K engine has slightly more wear than someone else's 200k engine. The thing has served its purpose and it's time to get a new car!

And please... like you didn't know your post would stir things up?
I probably should keep my nose out of it, but if you want to talk about stirring things up that'd be Silk's little fanboi Silver. Probably 70%-80% of his postings is to jump on Silk's postings with personal insults, the rest being reserved to telling Yaris owners to run 0w-20 in their cars, eventho' the Toyota TSB absolutely states that 0w-20 isn't to be used in the Yaris. That's bad and potentially very costly advice he's handing out. I don't have any problems with Silky.

1997 Lincoln Town Car - SOLD
2008 Scion xD
(w/ automatic) - SOLD
2008 Yaris HB - SOLD
Old 01-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #53
auxmike

Quote:
Hey there's nothing really bad about being a moron. Its just your geneology and upbringing - It's not your fault Mr . Mikey
...sticks and stones.......
BTW, I'm not a moron.
You've done quite well with no help showing everybody just what kinda chap you are.
Take it easy.....

Old 01-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #54
auxmike

Quote:
MODERATER:
Close this thread - It been overtaken by haters who are not speaking to point and are just casting aspersions.
I agree. It appears to have been taken over by name callers too.....

Closed Thread