Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-25-2007, 03:04 AM   #1
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
TRD goodies in today

So, I had the DF210 springs already in, but I had just a bit of rubbing and the ride was just a bit soft for my taste.

Today, I put in the TRD shocks and struts, and the rear sway bar.

WOW -- nice! The ride is crisp without being harsh, no more rubbing in the usual dips in the road. I think I have my car set up just the way I want it now -- sporty, but not racer-x. I recommend this combination for anyone that wants a great lowered look, a crisp feel, but forgiving enough for everyday driving.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:16 AM   #2
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
how do you like the rear sway bar?
Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 AM   #3
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I was curious if the TRD shocks and struts lower it more or is it the same in ride height. I am thinking of getting some for my sedan if they will even work, and I am curious cause it says on the TRD Sparks site that it lowers the car 1.2 inches and that shocks and springs are sold seperatley.

I have the NF springs on mine and dont want it any lower. Is the statement referring to the lowering springs or are they saying that if you just replace the stock shocks and struts it's gonna lower your car 1.2 inches???
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #4
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to sdmf
the trd shocks are a little shorter than stock, giving the shock more play, its like 3/4" shorter

Strength - Determination - Merciless - Forever
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 AM   #5
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Drives: Willow is a '07 Red Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
I have the DF210 springs installed on my hatchback. I find that sometimes my car rocks up and down sort of like a boat. I have no problem with rubbing, just rocking. It's sort of strange.

Would the combo of the shocks and struts make that boat-y feeling go away?
Old 07-25-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by death is my gift View Post
I have the DF210 springs installed on my hatchback. I find that sometimes my car rocks up and down sort of like a boat. I have no problem with rubbing, just rocking. It's sort of strange.

since it rides like a caddy, maybe your stock shocks are blown. check and see, you might be able to see an oil leak on one of the shock tubes.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:29 PM   #7
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by death is my gift View Post

If you've never been in a lowered car or a car with cut springs, maybe your getting a small amount of "Honda-hop" where after hitting a bump or dip the car bounces front to back for a second before settling back to a smooth ride. You dont notice it so much with a good set of struts, but with stock ones w/ mileage on them it will just get worse over time...

A friend of mine had a 2000 celica gts w/60k miles on it, we put in some Eibach sportline's...1.8f - 2.4r drop - and after a couple thousand miles the cars factory struts were done and a trip to englishtown new jersey for summerslam compressed our spines by a couple of inches.... When we got back he decided to replace the struts with a set from Koni I believe, and the ride was much better...
Old 07-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #8
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by RShatchback View Post
after a couple thousand miles the cars factory struts were done and a trip to englishtown new jersey for summerslam compressed our spines by a couple of inches....
haha, so are you 2" shorter now?
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:54 PM   #9
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
After a few drinks and some decompression time - we survived - but i've never hit my head of the roof of a moving vehicle so many times. Roads going from NY to NJ are trash...
Old 07-25-2007, 04:15 PM   #10
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris View Post
I was curious if the TRD shocks and struts lower it more or is it the same in ride height. I am thinking of getting some for my sedan if they will even work, and I am curious cause it says on the TRD Sparks site that it lowers the car 1.2 inches and that shocks and springs are sold seperatley.
Shocks/struts will not lower your car. That is purely a function of the springs. But they will save the bouncy ride mentioned. When possible, stay with the "kit" from one manufacturer. They are probably designed to work together...
Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 PM   #11
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
does anyone know if the trd springs only come in red?
cm07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
That seems to be the case now. I know the first ones that came out that I first noticed last year were white. I have no clue where to find those now.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 05:11 PM   #13
slvryaris

Noticed on TRD Sparks that the shock/strut package is not listed for the sedan. Does anyone know why this is, and what was the verdict on them lowering your car?? Some says they do some say they dont, which one is it????
Old 07-25-2007, 06:08 PM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
the shocks/struts did not change the height at all.

"boat-y feeliing", yes I know what you mean and yes, it's gone.

FYI, the shocks and struts were dark blue? A little unusual for a TRD product, I expected red/white..
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:20 AM   #15
slvryaris

Thanks for the info. Some say it has lowered it and some say it didnt and I just wanted to hear from someone that knew for sure. I am still curious why they show this product for the LB and not the sedan. I mean there can really be no difference or can there?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:21 AM   #16
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
ok if someone has the tanabe NF's on there stock shocks compare to my set up. which is the TRD sportivo shocks (bought from trdsparks.com) and the Tanabe NF210's