Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-17-2019, 06:12 PM   #1
LikeCaseyJones

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Fender dents?

I have a lowered 2009 sedan with 16x7 wheels. I had 205/50/16s on them and they slightly rubbed at full compression. I ordered some 205/45/16s and had Goodyear put them on, everything looked fine. On the way home on the highway it sounded like maybe my left front wheel kicked something up and shattered it in the wheel well (I’m thinking unrelated, maybe a rock) and I park and get out and see two huge dents above the wheels on both sides. I’ve never noticed them before and didn’t notice them after the tires were put on. Took it back to the shop where they gladly checked it out, popped the dents out (still will probably have to be taken to a dent repair shop), and no one could give me an answer as to what happened. Popped the wheels off at home to make sure there’s no damage in the wheel wells and that nothing is broken anywhere. Car drives fine. I’m completely stumped. These wheels definitely don’t hit the fenders and I didn’t hit any bumps or anything on the way home. Thoughts?