Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
marauder

Drives: '08 Yaris
New Yaris Owner - 08 Yaris LB

Hey guys, new here. Have owned a lot of cars, mostly built daily commuter vehicles like a 500hp dsm, 300hp mustang, etc... and recently sold my last project due to fuel expenses. I drive over 600 miles a week, and my last vehicle was a built Mazda CX-7. 93 octane, it did average 25mpg when I stayed out of the boost, but it was not in my nature to have that much power and not use it. It is a huge difference going from all that torque to this car, but in the daily commute I must say the Yaris has the edge because it stops easier and doesn't cost as much at the pump. It does make the windy country roads a lot of fun. I hope to see a mid-40's average at the pump.

So, I had considered buying a new chevy cruze lt/eco but the frugal me knows I'm just going to run it into the ground with my daily commute so might as well get something with similar mpg but cheaper, hence the Yaris. I was fortunate enough to find a 2008 with 67k miles, MT, and one owner always dealer serviced. The thing is spotless. Paid $7,100 for it, plus another $500 tax. Not bad honestly, because it has been pampered and still looks brand new on the outside and the interior and it was strictly dealer serviced. The price of these cars has gone through the roof!

I have already removed the toyota/yaris badges to clean up the rear and had it tinted with 20% on the rear and 35% on the fronts. Only other changes planned are picking up a set of lightweight 15x6.5", lowering it, and eyelids. I may change the tail lights, for some reason they just don't look right to me. Considering adding the autometer ecometer for the mpg/tachometer also.

Should be a great car for many years to come.
Attached Images

Last edited by marauder; 04-23-2014 at 09:26 AM.
marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
Ecogeek

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Hey looks clean man, welcome to the forums! Good to see another abso-red!
Ecogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
marauder

Thanks, I used Turtle Wax Ice paste polish and Meguiar's Ultimate paste wax and about 4 hours of work to get it to shine like that. It's abso-red, that's for sure!

Just put my first full tank through the car, with 2 bars left on fuel I was at 410.9 miles and used 9.639 gallons of gas. So without trying to extend the mileage I was at almost 43mpg average. Can't wait to put on the lightweight wheels and drop the suspension a bit. I've not even checked my plug gaps, tire pressure, or put a grill block on yet. I may be able to average low 50's because I was not going easy on this tank by any means. This is with full interior/ spare tire and having my tool kit in the back.

Love this Yaris, not missing the horsepower that much considering how well this thing corners in it's stock setup.
marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #4
Clintondmb

Drives: '08 3DrLB.
Welcome to the club.
Clintondmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #5
marauder

Thanks Clinton!
Old 04-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
WELCOME!
That is a BEAUTIFUL looking Yaris Coupe, wow.
I really like the looks of this one, man is it sharp.
You should be proud! Glad you found it, it looks like it is in very good condition.
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #7
marauder

Some updates, thanks to skeck for the great deal. More to come...

Installed KYB Shocks and Struts and Eibach Pro Kit Springs
Kosei K1 TS with 195-60-14 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs
15mm Wheel Spacers for Rear

Before wheels or suspension:

After wheels / rear spacers:

Lowered: