Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
MichaelGruber
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan
Issues with remote keyless entry

Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct forum. My wife bought a 2007 used 4dr sedan a couple of years ago, and the remote for the keyless entry broke off of the key. She took it in to Toyota and they cut a new blank for her, so now we have 2 standard valet keys and are using these to drive the car. The problem is that she lost the remote and I thought it would be a nice gesture to buy her 2 new remotes off ebay for mother's day so she could open the doors without having to physically unlock the doors.
To make a long story short, I tried programming the keys (link to part purchased is here http://www.ebay.com/itm/261089447525...S:1123&vxp=mtr) but didn't have any luck. I then took the car in to Toyota and they tried and again no luck and I'm now out of pocket $60 buck for labour. I contacted the seller and they indicated I needed a different key (here's the part they suggested: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251140801117;...117%26_rdc%3D1).

At this point I'm now gun shy and only have returned the keys and haven't ordered the new ones. Does anyone (TCScott) have any suggestions on what to do now?
MichaelGruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
PM me the VIN for the car and I'll let you know what the correct part number is for the remote. There is a thread where I posted part numbers for different years, but the Canadian ones may use a different part number than the US ones.