Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #19
Spellino

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsridewith View Post
Spellino: Favor to ask:

If overfilling has been the problem and all error codes go away simply w/ first click-off fills, kindly let us know here on YarisWorld. (Or what it does take to resolve the problem) Among other things, it would be good to know how robust our evap systems are.

Good luck and many thanks.
So I think it might it be fixed.

1st I checked the filler tube, it was clean. Then I checked the thin tube that runs from the tank, by the filler tube and ends with an opening near the filler tube opening. I could blow air into that as well.

Then I took off the tube that connect to the cannister from the top of the fuel pump at the end leading to the canister, closed the filler with the cap. Then after a while I opened the cap but there was no gush of pressurised air coming out. Before I took the tube that connects to the cannister, it would come out through the filler tube.

Finally, I took out the tube that end just below the filler tube the medium sized one of the three pipes or tubes. It had a lot of clay that had turned solid in it. I cleaned it up and put it back.

I haven't tested the slow nature of the gas fill up, but the check light hasn't come up again. I'm going to wait a few more days and check on that as well.
Spellino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #20
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Wow. Good to hear. I got distracted talking taillights, but was going to mention the various little insects that build mud nests and cocoons in the orifices of metal machines.
Anything partially disassembled, or used parts, could get plugged...some running things w/ vents to atmosphere too.
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:04 AM   #21
Spellino

Quote:
Wow. Good to hear. I got distracted talking taillights, but was going to mention the various little insects that build mud nests and cocoons in the orifices of metal machines.
Anything partially disassembled, or used parts, could get plugged...some running things w/ vents to atmosphere too.
A little update. I went to the fuel station yesterday. Attendant was hesitant to lock the nozzle in since he knew my car's problems. However, the fuel went in pretty quickly to his surprise. My fuel gauge was just on the 4th bar when I refuelled and after about 19 litres, the fuel gushed out. Was it at the point the nozzle would have clicked if the attendant had locked in the nozzle? How does refueling work? This is my first year with my first car so forgive my ignorance
Old 02-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #22
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
fuel station filler pump handle shutoff click nozzle gasoline slow fast spray

Did it click off in the attendant's hand when it gushed out? If not, there's something really wrong with the filling station pump.

(I find too much variability in pump behavior. Some click off at obvious short fills. Some have clogged filters or something and take minutes to fill. Some are obviously super pumpers and click off w/ a spritz of fuel out the filler neck. Some correctly click off w/ no drama and no gas burp when the tank is full.)

Last edited by dogsridewith; 02-02-2019 at 04:46 PM.
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:06 PM   #23
Spellino

Quote:
Did it click off in the attendant's hand when it gushed out? If not, there's something really wrong with the filling station pump.

(I find too much variability in pump behavior. Some click off at obvious short fills. Some have clogged filters or something and take minutes to fill. Some are obviously super pumpers and click of w/ a spritz out the filler neck. Some correctly click off w/ no drama and no gas burp when the tank is full.)
Yeah I think it did but he was still pumping manually
Old 02-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #24
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
If attendant ignored first click shutoff, then he was an idiot.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk