Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
Garth g.

Drives: 07 Yaris 2dr hatchback
Cv joint replacement 07 2dr/sway bar end links

I got my sway bar end links today going to replace. I checked the dealership for cv axles they want $400 a side. I don't really want to use ones from Canadian tire or napa they seem to wear out fast. I use my car everyday for pizza delivery so I do a lot of driving. I checked a local wrecker they have Toyota ones with 80,000k on them for $75.00 each, off a 2010 yaris. Should I even bother picking these up?
Garth g. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:04 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I used one of the aftermarket ones on a Yaris I rebuilt and the quality of it did not seem to be worse than the OEM part. As long as the boots stay flexible over time, they should last just as long.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:52 PM   #3
Garth g.

Thanks for the info. I have surtrack ones on there right now, I checked it again today it's dry? It's not clicking when I turn I might just drive it until it gives. I'm going to change stabilizer links today noticed when I did front pads and rotors that they need to be done. When you bought stuff to rebuild the cv joint what brand did you use? While I'm on here, my airbag light is on would that be the clock spring?
Old 09-14-2016, 04:31 AM   #4
Garth g.

Sorry CT. Scott misunderstood what you were telling me earlier, I think the next time I have to change them I'll try a different after market axle from rock auto. They stock a lot of stuff way cheaper than the stores in Canada and a lot of times it's the same brands. Saved a good chunk of cash so far going with them.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:13 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth g. View Post
Thanks for the info. I have surtrack ones on there right now, I checked it again today it's dry? It's not clicking when I turn I might just drive it until it gives. I'm going to change stabilizer links today noticed when I did front pads and rotors that they need to be done. When you bought stuff to rebuild the cv joint what brand did you use? While I'm on here, my airbag light is on would that be the clock spring?
For the CVs, I bought the full Axle assembly, with the CV's and boots all together.

For the SRS issue, it is likely the clockspring, but you can use this procedure to read the code to be sure:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...d=1#post557473
Old 09-08-2021, 01:00 PM   #6
crumbs

Drives: 2009 1.5 Hatchback Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
For the CVs, I bought the full Axle assembly...
Hey do you know what brand aftermarket cv axle you bought? I was looking at GSP NCV69452 & NCV69451 from Rock Auto.
crumbs is offline   Reply With Quote