Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-29-2015, 04:36 AM   #19
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
I'm so damn mad. My Avalon has been slow to start the past 2 days. Tonight, it wouldn't start at all. Thought maybe I left a light on but the headlights and everything work perfectly. Finally got it started. Drove it for 20 miles and parked it for 2 hrs and attempted the resort. Again, didn't want to start. Have to hold in the auto start button. I'm pulling an all nighter. Heading to Eastern S Dakota in the morning to get the Yaris. About 350 miles. I think the damn starter is going out. Perfect time to unload this car for the incredibly dependable Yaris. Now the other half is happy as hell that I'm unloading the 13 Avalon. It can't come soon enough. And I have always hated the push button start. So unnecessary. Simpler is always better. Less to go wrong. Maybe I'm old and set in my ways. Will be 40 near the end of the year. First push button car. Hope to keep the Yaris for years to come and avoid that feature in the future. All the new cars seem to have it, even the cheap cars. Ugggggh.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:50 AM   #20
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Auto transmissions, power windows, chipped keys, remote start, remote lock and unlock, push button start and syphilis.

I have managed to avoid all but the first!
Old 08-29-2015, 01:10 PM   #21
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
Now the other half is happy as hell that I'm unloading the 13 Avalon. It can't come soon enough.
Well, at least there is that bright side to your unfortunate troubles this morning.

Quote:
And I have always hated the push button start. So unnecessary. Simpler is always better. Less to go wrong.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:11 PM   #22
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Auto transmissions, power windows, chipped keys, remote start, remote lock and unlock, push button start and syphilis.

I have managed to avoid all but the first!
Old 08-31-2015, 03:40 PM   #23
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
I'm so damn mad. My Avalon has been slow to start the past 2 days. Tonight, it wouldn't start at all. Thought maybe I left a light on but the headlights and everything work perfectly. Finally got it started. Drove it for 20 miles and parked it for 2 hrs and attempted the resort. Again, didn't want to start. Have to hold in the auto start button. I'm pulling an all nighter. Heading to Eastern S Dakota in the morning to get the Yaris. About 350 miles. I think the damn starter is going out. Perfect time to unload this car for the incredibly dependable Yaris. Now the other half is happy as hell that I'm unloading the 13 Avalon. It can't come soon enough. And I have always hated the push button start. So unnecessary. Simpler is always better. Less to go wrong. Maybe I'm old and set in my ways. Will be 40 near the end of the year. First push button car. Hope to keep the Yaris for years to come and avoid that feature in the future. All the new cars seem to have it, even the cheap cars. Ugggggh.
Did you manage to snag your blue streak metallic 2015 m/t Yaris SE this last weekend?

-
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:14 PM   #24
BLKHILLSGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
Did you manage to snag your blue streak metallic 2015 m/t Yaris SE this last weekend?

-
I did. And I drove 400 miles back to my home with the car. Very pleased. Seats are incredibly comfortable. Everything feels incredible solid. Moved right along at 80 mph. It was like an old friend. The only thing that I need to get accustomed to is the lack of power. I drove the Avalon for quite awhile, and am used to the hitting the gas and moving quickly. Not so much with the Yaris. But I'll adjust fine.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #25
BLKHILLSGUY

And a HUGE improvement over my 2011 Yaris. It feels much higher end. Higher quality interior. And I absolutely love the European designed looks of the car. The blue is great looking in person. A lot of compliments on the color.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:18 PM   #26
BLKHILLSGUY

Only thing I'm not overly hot on is the low technology of the infotainment. It's incredibly basic.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #27
Kalispel

Quote:
Only thing I'm not overly hot on is the low technology of the infotainment. It's incredibly basic.
To be honest, I would have preferred a non-touchscreen radio system like what I saw was in the 2012 Yaris Sedan or 2012-2014 Hatchback - minus the CD player even.

My 2000 4cyln m/t Accord wasn't any more peppy than my new Yaris, since they had similar weight-to-horsepower ratios, so it wasn't the same "shock" to me as I am sure that it was to you when you made the switch.

Did you like the clutch in the 2015 better than the 2011? I'm really liking it myself. Easygoing, smooth shifting across all five gears.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:44 AM   #28
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
I did. The only thing that I need to get accustomed to is the lack of power.
As I started to read this sentence, I thought it was going to end in......lack of an in dash cup holder . While driving back from Florida in my '14, I kept reaching into empty air to put my coffee cups and diet soda cups down . Thank goodness I never went as far as releasing a cup and have it drop and spill.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #29
Kalispel

Quote:
And a HUGE improvement over my 2011 Yaris. It feels much higher end. Higher quality interior. And I absolutely love the European designed looks of the car. The blue is great looking in person. A lot of compliments on the color.
Yeah, that blue streak metallic is a real eye-catcher on the road. There is a 2009-2011 (I think) hatchback in that color around my area that just draws my eyes to it every time we pass each other on the road. I love my White SE, but it is certainly more low-key (at least color-wise) - especially here in sunstroke AZ, where at least half of the cars on the road seem to be white.

-
Old 09-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #30
Kalispel

Quote:
I did. And I drove 400 miles back to my home with the car. Very pleased. Seats are incredibly comfortable. Everything feels incredible solid. Moved right along at 80 mph. It was like an old friend. The only thing that I need to get accustomed to is the lack of power. I drove the Avalon for quite awhile, and am used to the hitting the gas and moving quickly. Not so much with the Yaris. But I'll adjust fine.
w00t! - You almost caught me in odometer mileage already.

I don't think that I've even driven over 70mph yet. I'm only on the highway for a few miles every morning (and evening) when I zip down a few exits in the right-hand 'slow lane' at 60-65mph. Everywhere else, it's no more than 50mph. Told you that I was a pokey driver.

-
Old 09-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #31
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Quote:
What are you missing? For me, no GPS and no manual = no care. But that just might be Gulfstates Toyota.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:49 AM   #32
BLKHILLSGUY

Quote:
To be honest, I would have preferred a non-touchscreen radio system like what I saw was in the 2012 Yaris Sedan or 2012-2014 Hatchback - minus the CD player even.

My 2000 4cyln m/t Accord wasn't any more peppy than my new Yaris, since they had similar weight-to-horsepower ratios, so it wasn't the same "shock" to me as I am sure that it was to you when you made the switch.

Did you like the clutch in the 2015 better than the 2011? I'm really liking it myself. Easygoing, smooth shifting across all five gears.
Am definitely enjoying the clutch. Huge improvement in my opinion. I'm getting used to the power ratio now too. And those orange lights at night aren't bad at all. I rather like them. Even the infotainment center is growing on me. I'm very happy.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:03 PM   #33
Kalispel

Quote:
Am definitely enjoying the clutch. Huge improvement in my opinion. I'm getting used to the power ratio now too. And those orange lights at night aren't bad at all. I rather like them. Even the infotainment center is growing on me. I'm very happy.
Good to hear!

I don't hate my orange dash/console lighting or anything - it's just not my first choice in dash/console color lighting, especially on the climate control and main power window knob.

Minor nitpicking aside, very happy 2015 SE owner here also!

-
Old 09-08-2015, 06:51 PM   #34
nookandcrannycar

BLKHILLSGUY and Kalispel, were your SEs assembled in France or in Japan?

(I know all of the Ls and LEs for the 2015 Model Year for the U.S. and Canada are being assembled in France, but I seem to remember that someone posted that some or all of the SEs for the U.S. and Canada = assembled in Japan ).
Old 09-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #35
Kalispel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
BLKHILLSGUY and Kalispel, were your SEs assembled in France or in Japan?

(I know all of the Ls and LEs for the 2015 Model Year for the U.S. and Canada are being assembled in France, but I seem to remember that someone posted that some or all of the SEs for the U.S. and Canada = assembled in Japan ).
I'm pretty sure my door label said FRANCE. I will double check it after work.

-
Old 09-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #36
BLKHILLSGUY

Quote:
I'm pretty sure my door label said FRANCE. I will double check it after work.

-
It's definitely France. That's what my VIN and door label said.