Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #11
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Just changed mine out last week after 15K. I attribute it to several factors which may or may not have been my fault. In either case I went to a discount OEM parts supplier and got one for $76.00. Did the work myself and changed up my NST pulley install procedure. I really do think that the weakest point on the Toyota waterpump is the seal around the bearing and that care should be used in the removal/install of the pulley and the tightening of the belt. I do know that Toyota offers no additive to the coolant used (Toyota Pink) in the Yaris. I also know that Toyota had 2 types of coolant and some dealers or whatever may still have the obsolete (Toyota Red) still around. The red is straight while the pink is a pre-mix. For info, if you look at the back of the "pink" jug it says that if you flush use only the "pink" to flush with and not "any kind" of water. The logic I assume is that you can't get all your flush out and thus would be dilluting your new stuff. Personally, after having read other stories I took it to heart and went with their advise. I know others have done it different and seem to be doing okay. Me, this is the way I went.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote