Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
So I checked out an EVO VIII

There is an evo for 20k and it is a white 2005 EVO VIII SSL with 33k miles. There are no mods and is completely stock. I am learning that the car I am looking at SHOULD be selling for around 17k-18k.

I just checked it out in person It was nice and all.No dents, no scratches, just acouple of knicks in the paint. The carbon fiber spoiler has a line on the top of the spoiler from opening the trunk and it rubbing on the antenna; that was lame. I liked the moonroof and how it retracts all the way.

However, I just don't know. I wasn't too impressed with it and am not pooping my pants with excitement on purchasing it. I got to test drive it and i felt the power. It has nice torque and felt like it pulled strong. The guy was telling me i probably need to change the rear rotars and brakes because they are about 50% worn down. And the brake calipers in the front were faded (wasn't too happy about that).

I read that with these cars you need to replace the clutch, transfer case, etc. The clutch felt fine and wasn't slipping.

I want her to go down to 18k. Hmmm...
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
hachi-roku_fan

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla
I don't know about pricing in Hawaii but if you go to a dealer in LA, CA you can get a new Evo X for like 22-24k. At that price, you might as well buy a new one and have peace of mind with the warranty
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:03 AM   #3
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Yah, definately not like that in hawaii. I think they go for 34k for the evo X GSR and 42k for the MR.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
Damn...
In australia, the MR on road is about 80-85k (Australian)...
Cant believe them to be 24k in cali... Time to move to cali I guess (hehe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
GSR here in Florida sells for about 25k, MR goes for about 33k depending where you get it from.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:17 AM   #6
Deltasix

Drives: '07 Liftback: Work in Progress
Send a message via AIM to Deltasix
Be careful about the maintenance on the EVO VIII. Everyone I know who has actually owned one has had reliability issues.