Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
XjrBuddhaX

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris
Replace Base Player with Navigation

Hello, new to the forums, but looking for some help on installing a Navigation system in My 2012 Yaris Hatchback.

I purchased a used Yaris for a retailer here and it has the base radio:

I am looking to upgrade to the Toyota Navigation system fit for my car. I called the local service department and they told me it couldn't be done because of the wiring being different. And of course they wanted to charge me around $2.5k to 3K for them to do it. Sorry, I'm not buying. I only called to price. I've looked for the System I want to put in and found it for around $350 shipped. I guess my question is, if this comes with all the wiring harnesses and what nots, why can't I install it myself? Am I missing something?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-R...600900526.html

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by tk-421; 07-24-2014 at 12:15 AM. Reason: fixed image
XjrBuddhaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
Does it come with the plastic surround seen in the image? I can't tell by reading the item description.....It might be a little more cost effective if it does not come with that to get an aftermarket head-unit with built in navigation, to be honest. I imagine Toyota wants a pretty penny for that piece of plastic. I also looked at that head unit when i got my Yaris :p

While my appradio 3 cost a fair chunk more than that, I can connect up to the GPS on my phone, and that works great. there are quite a few cheaper options than the appradio also...it can get spendy with the add-ons to get other features to function lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Yeah.. No. Don't get those head units. They run windows CE and the GUI is beyond crappy. Not to mention sound quality is no good either.