Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-21-2011, 01:47 AM   #19
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
Waahaha you paid $691 whooooooo! My advise is never go to the dealership and do your own oil change

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:46 AM   #20
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
gouging car owners is probably the only thing keeping some dealerships in business :(

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:29 AM   #21
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
Then perhaps they should reconsider the business model, or go the way of blockbuster. Free market works both ways.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #22
Vinceb

Drives: 2008 5 Speed Sedan
forget the phone, go in person, talk face to face with the manager, usually gets more accomplished....power steering fluid....wow
Vinceb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #23
Slipangle

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Dude, automotive servicing and dealerships operate under state licensing, I'd settle for nothing less than a complete refund of every penny they charged you - and if you want to offer a reasonable compromise, they can keep enough to cover the fair market value of 4 quarts of oil and a filter.

I don't like regulation in general, but when people get robbed like this then that's what the regulations are for. Jerks like this need to be shut down. These are the kind of people that switched spark plug wires on my grandma's car, told her she needed an engine replaced, when she said no thank you and drove home, the car backfired and blew a hole in the muffler and shattered the carb.

My 2006 is at 115,000 miles on nothing but oil and air filter changes. Well, and I'm on my 4th set of tires.

Start searching your state's websites about auto service complaints, you might get directed to your state's attorney general office.
Slipangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #24
rl67pinoy

Drives: 2007 Ghetto VITZ
@ Slipangle

4th set of tire? Your car must be lowered and the camber is wrong. Either that or you just burn out all the time.

I replaced my stock tires at 70k miles with low pros. I now have 122k miles and my tires still look good.

Rotate every 10k . I know . 5k is to soon for me. Fill the tire with air every 5k
Visual check the tires everyday takes 5 seconds of my time
rl67pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:56 AM   #25
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Yari-Chan your dealer is taking advantage of your lack of automotive knowledge,and he will probably continue to take you to the cleaners by selling you all manner of services and parts you dont need. Ask friends coworkers and family who they get their cars serviced by as surely some one can recommend a better option than you now have.

If your dealer offers any of these items decline the offer ==
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #26
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
um, isn't the power steering electronic, as in no fuild? if so take that invoice to the police, because this is fraud.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #27
Yarflana

Drives: 2008 Base Model
Man...this power steering thing just saved me $100 at my local auto repair place. Thanks to everyone here. Now I can get those lowering springs faster!
Yarflana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #28
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Sorry, but I think you were taken. If it's any consolation, most dealers are overpriced and like to insist on maintenance that isn't required M2
^^^^^ This. And it's not just dealers. Last Sunday my car was exhibiting some behavior that motivated me to get the voltage checked. My local Sears Auto Center has closed down (that Sears is being replaced by a Nordstrom in 2014), so I went to NTB (National Tire and Battery), the next closest place that would be open. They said they would check it for me. I asked the cost. The service writer said free. About 45 minutes later I looked out the window at my Yaris and the tech was tightening lug nuts. I asked why this was being done as it had nothing to do with what I asked. He said they 'check everything' (tires off= brakes) and was sorry he hadn't communicated that to me . He said the voltage is fine, and battery and alternator are fine. He said I need shocks, struts, a fuel system flush, and an oil change . I declined.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #29
macz100

Drives: yaris
bought my 2009 yaris new , has 70k , never been back to the dealer .
all I have done is change the oil and filter , cabin filter , windshield wipers , two new front tires. that's all ...
soon I will change the spark plugs , alternator belt , brake pads.....
macz100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #30
esse10

Drives: 2009 yaris 2 door
Dealer

sorry to see that happening to yari-chan.

That's why I just do all my own repairs. They don't call them stealerships for nothing. I don't take my cars to any dealer unless it's for some kind of recall and they're flipping the bill. I hope these little yaris hold up to the reputation that they'll last up to 300k miles without major repairs.
esse10 is offline   Reply With Quote