Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-14-2016, 07:08 AM   #1
NordKettle
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris 2006 5-door
VSC and check engine light on, Codes P0420(bank1) and C1201

Hello. I am hoping someone here can give some advice. My car is a 2006 Yaris 1,3 MMT 1KR-FE. The car runs great, but intermittently has the flashing in neutral problem(for another thread, but it has now stayed away for a couple of months).

Around march the VSC and check engine light came on. It would return after a day or two when reset by pulling the battery. At the time my left front wheel bearing was worn. I got it replaced in april and by then I guess it was a bit dangerous to drive the car as one could notice inaccurate steering and drag while driving. After the replacement of the bearing the light will come on again after a reset by pulling the battery, but now after only 1-5km. I am wondering if a zero-point calibration might alleviate the VSC error? Could it do any harm to try it and see it resolves anything? Reading around the net I have seen claims that such problems as a faulty lambda might deactivate VSC causing a VSC error(and lead to higher fuel consumption?), but I am thinking that maybe such things as the bearing replacement might be to blame to.

Should I give it a try? I have seen procedures that involve shorting pin 4 and 12 on the OBD port four times to reset things and procedures that only says to do the actual calibration by shorting the same pins while starting the car and letting it do it's thing for some seconds. What would be the correct procedure for a 2006 Yaris?

Grateful for any advice.

Last edited by NordKettle; 07-15-2016 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Wrong fault code in subject.
NordKettle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
check engine light, vsc