Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Drives: light blue liftback
Camcom help

Picked up a used Camcom and I'm pretty sure its defective, but just wanted to get a second opinion. I believe all the wiring is correct, but for whatever reason the car runs rough and won't idle when the unit is powered up but not when its powered off. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas to what it could be?
xnamerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
mario98c

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan 09 STD
I had one and the wiring harness is crap. In my case, every time that I moved the camcon, the car stalled and the check engine light turn on. I fixed the problem by twisting the wiring harness around the camcon and ziptie it. lol
Old 07-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

I thought something like that at first, but all the wires checked out, plus it works when the unit is turned off. I just can't figure out why the unit was dumping fuel, there just doesn't seem to be a reason for it.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
xnamerxx
0-60 in slow

Got the issue figured out, my extension harness broke CAN rules. Removed the extension harness and problem solved.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Hey xnamerxx, I also have a camcom I purchased a few months ago and I am ready to install. If by any chance, would you be wiling to share your settings with me just so I know it will be running correctly after I start my car? I will get it dyno tuned after its installed so i am just asking for a base NA, nothing crazy with the timing.

Any tips when installing it would be awesome too. Where did you put your Control unit at?
Old 01-17-2015, 09:54 PM   #6
Barneyncp93

Drives: Vios NCP 93
you can go to http://www.power-enterprise.co.jp/

Settings will be different accordingly to the specs of your car. The key to improve the power (and maximizing cam intake timing) is a strong exhaust system. I have seen setting the timing adjusted to +5 at 5500-6500 RPM. Do not try it unless you have a strong exhaust.
Barneyncp93 is offline   Reply With Quote