Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
rasyaya

Drives: Yaris 2
Post Yaris 2 D4D 2009 without AC serpentine belt

Hello everyone,

I am searching for some photos or a scheme of the serpentine belt on a 2009 Yaris 2 1.4 D4D engine WITHOUT AC.
I think it's the same on a Yaris 3 D4D but not on the Yaris 1 D4D or Yaris 2 D4D before 2009 (not the same tensioner system)...

You can see here under the engine with an AC compressor. I would like to know how the belt is mounted without the AC compressor.

Thanks for your help!

Edit : I think that even the latest VVTI owners might help. The Yaris lastest VVTI engine (after 2009?) has the same tensioner pulley system (see picture below)

Last edited by rasyaya; 07-08-2014 at 11:15 AM.
rasyaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
yaris9876

Drives: yaris hatch 07 640K original m
its easy...just get short belt and skip the AC pulley...all else is the same... I did it..
yaris9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Below is the routing diagram with and without the AC.

To run without AC you would use the 90916-02673 belt in place of the 90916-02674 belt.

1ND-TV Belt.jpg
Old 07-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
rasyaya

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks you all for your help! I was just wondering if there will still be enough contact surface between the belt and the water-pump pulley
I finally replaced my belt with the shorter non-AC one, and it did great
Cheers
Old 07-16-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
rasyaya

A/C amplifier

After removing all A/C components, I removed the A/C amplifier (unit under the dashboard) as I thought it will not be necessary anymore. But I had to put it back because I realized that without it my blower motor speed is unstable. In fact, it speeds down when I touch the gaz pedal, and goes back to original speed when I let go the gaz pedal. I also noticed that when it has speeded down (foot on gaz pedal) and I turn on the headlights, it speeds up to its original speed. All this happens only when I am driving not stopped.
This is weird, since the A/C amplifier is not supposed to control the blower motor speed . Does it have a current regulation role that might explain what happens without it?
Has anyone tried removing it or encountered the same issue?

PS : Since I plugged the AC amplifier back everything went to normal, so it is not an alternator or battery problem...

Last edited by rasyaya; 07-17-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasyaya View Post
After removing all A/C components, I removed the A/C amplifier (unit under the dashboard) as I thought it will not be necessary anymore. But I had to put it back because I realized that without it my blower motor speed is unstable. In fact, it speeds down when I touch the gaz pedal, and goes back to original speed when I let go the gaz pedal. I also noticed that when it has speeded down (foot on gaz pedal) and I turn on the headlights, it speeds up to its original speed. All this happens only when I am driving not stopped.
This is weird, since the A/C amplifier is not supposed to control the blower motor speed . Does it have a current regulation role that might explain what happens without it?
Has anyone tried removing it or encountered the same issue?

PS : Since I plugged the AC amplifier back everything when to normal, so it is not an alternator or battery problem...

Do you have the digital climate controls or just the basic knobs? If you have the digital one, the AC ECU does feed the PWM signal to the blower speed control.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #7
rasyaya

I have the manual (basic) climate control knobs...

Tags
belt, d4d, yaris