Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Abarth

yaris and Fiat 500 Abarth side by side.

My best friend's sister just got this last week. Ordered it in March. Just broke in her 400 mile mark so I was able to really push this thing on the street.

At 170hp this thing pulls hard when full boost kicks in (about 13-15psi) at around 4k rpms.

For a daily driver the suspension on this car is not that much smoother than my megan coilovers in sport mode. And the 195/15/16 is in need of an upgrade. But still handles so nicely. She said I can borrow it either june or july for an autocross event if I wanted.. huge hug came after that!

The exhaust on this thing sounds SOOO amazing. Its a low growl/gurgle.. beautiful exhaust note!

I just gotta find a 4x98 rim... I am told you can modify a 4x100 to fit but cannot fit a 4x98 on a 4x100.. I didnt really get into detail about reasons. I am sure its the center bore size.. whateva. Fun car.

She said after she went to Italy back in 07 she fell in love with the Fiat 500. She test drove the regular Fiat 500 last year and wasn't happy with how slow it was. She said she will save up and order the Abarth when it comes out. Smart woman for being so patient. She almost got the new beetle or the Juke. Luckily she got it asap. She is the only person in Georgia with a Abarth right now apparently

She got with out the Abarth decals. she likes the clean look alot. only thing that says Abarth on it is the interior trim and the scorpion emblems.

enjoy pics
Old 05-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Sharp lookin' . Just watched this weeks' Motorweek and the Abarth was one of the cars test drove . They enjoyed it and give it a . Maybe you can catch it on PBS this weekend or on Speedchannel .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
spocksleftball

Drives: 2011 yaris
Car looks awesome...Just hope the new Fiat have better longevity than the old fiats
spocksleftball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
^? you guy like the look of that car, or are you guys distracted by the young lady in the car. just because it is Italian styleing doesn't make it automatically good looking. on the other hand I hear that it performs really well and is a blast to drive so operating wise it is good, just don't like the way it looks. IMO
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
Chuck G

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddeenoh View Post
^? you guy like the look of that car, or are you guys distracted by the young lady in the car. just because it is Italian styleing doesn't make it automatically good looking. on the other hand I hear that it performs really well and is a blast to drive so operating wise it is good, just don't like the way it looks. IMO
I'm with you on that one!!
Chuck G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:05 AM   #6
ilikerice

I agree. Personally dont like tbe look but after driving it. All i can say is i can understand why a guy would buy this for the performance and handling. What other car is a chicks car but is awesome track car... :cough:miata:cough
Old 05-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
The Fiat is a slightly strange looking car, but so to was the original. There is a local guy Auto-Xing one with the SCCA, but I think it's an NA car. I would really like to try my Yaris against the Fiat at an event some time thing year. The Fiat, Cooper, and Yaris all bring back the good old days of racing, really cool!!

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
Nice looking Abarth! I would maybe consider one in black and tune it up a bit as they seem to have potential for more power.
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #9
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I love it. I think the regular model is also quite pokey (and noisy). However, I'm sure the Abarth is much more fun.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
What other car is a chicks car but is awesome track car... :cough:miata:cough
:cough:yaris:cough
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
ilikerice

Lol. Yep. Yaris is definitly on the list of girly cars out the box. No doubt about that
Old 05-16-2012, 12:15 AM   #12
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
I agree. Personally dont like tbe look but after driving it. All i can say is i can understand why a guy would buy this for the performance and handling. What other car is a chicks car but is awesome track car... :cough:miata:cough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
:cough:yaris:cough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUKyvEAb43A
Old 05-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #13
thepartsmancometh

Drives: '08 LB, '07 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikerice View Post
She said I can borrow it either june or july for an autocross event if I wanted.. huge hug came after that!
So, she must be really nice....

She looks cute....

I see 3 pedals....

and she appreciates fast cars....

WHY DID YOU LET GO?!?!??

seriously, though, cool car!
thepartsmancometh is offline   Reply With Quote