Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Center guages good or bad?
center guages good 49 85.96%
center guages bad 8 14.04%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2006, 11:49 AM   #19
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
The center gauges are weird. There is no disputing that. But like anything else you will get used to them and everything else you drive will be weird.

I was actually planning on adding a stock Mini Cooper tach. I was looking into them and it seemed soooo perfect to me. Not only is the tach very slim so that it could mount on the steering column cover and you could still lift the storage door, but it had built in turn indicators, it displayed outside temp and the later models actually had a small digital speedo in the window.

After a bit of research I realized that the tach does not read a regular signal. The signal is somehow interpreted by the ecu before getting to the tach.

Its a real shame.

Apexi makes a slimline tachometer that should worth though.

I am definitely going to made good use of that storage space though. I am going to get a portable navigation setup that I will keep in there. That way I could flip up the cover to see the unit and flip it down to keep it away from prying eyes. I will even run a 12v source to it so I can plug stuff in there.
acrbill is offline   Reply With Quote