Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-13-2007, 10:00 PM   #55
amt135a

Drives: 3D LB
41 years young and just got my 3d lb last Saturday after waiting over a month and i like it got over 200 miles on it and still have half tank of gas great for Dayle commuter for work
amt135a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:39 PM   #56
L-D

Drives: 2007 Yaris 3dr liftback
I'm 53 and still waiting for my 07 BB LB. got to have it!!
L-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #57
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-D View Post
I'm 53 and still waiting for my 07 BB LB. got to have it!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDetQ18fw5Q
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:58 PM   #58
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousfun View Post
Nah, you define the demographic! It's not just age.

'65 Fender Strat, '61 Gibson Melody Maker, '69 Gibson ES-345, '65 Vox UK Berkeley Tube amp...I have better guitars than you!

---

And I'm 50, with two sons getting ready to graduate High School (one this month, the other next year, a year early). I was sick of my family vehicle ('97 Dodge Grand Caravan) and missed my previous car ('86 Celica) and have a stupid commute (21 mi. each way on the L. A. freeways. I laugh at everyone else at the gas pump.

I definitely have gotten more looks while driving this car than I ever did in the invisibility-cloaked white Caravan, but it's not expensive enough to make those looks stick. My girlfriend thinks it's cute!

I've added window deflectors, a nice chrome tailpipe tip, new speakers (planning on a DVD player with surround sound soon). I plan to get new alloy wheels and tires when these tires wear out, if not sooner. No intake or any other performance mods. It's a fun car, and this is fun stuff.
"I have better guitars than you"?? Gee, you hurt my feelings. I only listed one GIBSON.............
Well, the two GIBSON'S you mention that you have are definatley great, I'll give you that, BUT the Fender? Come on....your going to put a "bolt on neck" up against a Les Paul OR ANY other GIBSON? You plugged in ?
Are we off topic?
Don't forget....."Only A GIBSON Is Good Enough"
Old 06-14-2007, 09:00 PM   #59
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
LOL....
Old 06-15-2007, 12:05 AM   #60
seriousfun

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
"I have better guitars than you"?? Gee, you hurt my feelings. I only listed one GIBSON.............
Well, the two GIBSON'S you mention that you have are definatley great, I'll give you that, BUT the Fender? Come on....your going to put a "bolt on neck" up against a Les Paul OR ANY other GIBSON? You plugged in ?
Are we off topic?
Don't forget....."Only A GIBSON Is Good Enough"
OT? Yeah!

The Strat's my baby. I could sell it and buy a couple of Yarii. But then what would I play?
seriousfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #61
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
I think you should change the membership requirement to 30+, as that's about the age you get over things like modding, boom boom, bling bling, rice, etc.
Dunno about that....
I'm 51 and STILL haven't got over it. It just hap[pens more slowly these days - when the wife isn't watching. "Oh, that? That's been on the car for weeks!" Yeah, right....
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:41 PM   #62
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Dunno about that....
I'm 51 and STILL haven't got over it. It just hap[pens more slowly these days - when the wife isn't watching. "Oh, that? That's been on the car for weeks!" Yeah, right....
Amazing how that works!!!!! 47 plymouth parts car was delivered one day while she was shopping....it sat alongside the garage behind the house for over 6 months before she noticed it. Could be one of the thousands of reasons I'm single again!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:31 PM   #63
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
Count me in. I drive like grannies!
JosephDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:41 PM   #64
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
I think you should change the membership requirement to 30+, as that's about the age you get over things like modding, boom boom, bling bling, rice, etc.
The ultimate sign of maturity is being humble enough to not preach your way as the only way. By that logic you should be playing on a swingset somewhere... yes, eating an organic carrot and passing out pamphlets.

This thread rocks. Yay for old farts. I'm 22 so I won't post in here again. Fun to read, though.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote