Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #19
la panique
zhen zhong, it's big!

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskana View Post
Hmmmm... are there any other Yarii drivers around your area who might want to make it a cruise/meet/race event? It would be a bit of a drive, but you'd get to see some other folks and then see how you do/help each other around the course.
I'm still waiting for some other Yaris-is to show up at our local events. So far only a few Fits...
I could only wish, unfortunately, I don't know anyone around here period that would want to go to an autocross.
la panique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:45 AM   #20
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskana View Post
Speaking of speeds/gears, it is interesting how perhaps different areas/clubs set thiers up: most of ours run in at least 2nd, only a very "tight" course requiring 1st for a corner or two. I even had to grab 3rd for bit on one, though usually just let the RL bounce for a second, LOL. I'll try to post something from the latest once I go through them.
Mojo; how many entrants at your, avg? San Antonio ones are usually 70-100 avg, Austins 100-128(max. size) avg, with some evil shifters thrown in there for good measure, ha, ha, haa...
In British Columbia, we average about 60 to 70 cars depending on the event. At times it does go up to 100 which is our cap.
There's one guy in Victoria Auto x'ing and there's me in Vancouver. We're running a slush series this winter so if it's rain or snow or sunshine we're auto crossing!

I have to admit I like the tighter courses which is in my favour. I can't compete on the wide open course layouts against the more powerful cars.

The course designers and most of the drivers prefer the open courses.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:14 PM   #21
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Hey, Mojoyaris, where do you run your events? Looks like Mission Raceway...

Nearly 4 decades ago, we ran events on local parking lots, but Sunday shopping put an end to that. Those were wild times, with amazing courses: no approach pylons, and lots of room. One guy was pulling 110mph at the end of one straight in his Tiger...

At the other end, we designed a course that had a FTD of 2:08, on a lot that was 150'x250'...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #22
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
We're now running at Pitt Meadows. There is a new track on the airport that they built for us to use for auto x. The Porsche club, ubcscc and VCMC clubs all go there.

Tiger, I remember them. tough competition for the ole 510's and TR's.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #23
smokinyaris

Drives: bad boy
anyways to drive fast is awesome..............................
smokinyaris is offline   Reply With Quote