Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-19-2008, 03:41 AM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Restarting the 2009 discussion - With Pix of my new 5 door

I was so bummed to see how much info was lost. I just joined about a month ago and have found this forum to be an incredible wealth of information.

Yesterday I picked up my 2009 Blazing Blue 5-door Liftback. Below are a bunch of pictures, including some close-up of some of the changes.

I was all set to buy an 08 3 door last May, but then ran into an article about the 5 door becoming available in the 09 line. I have two kids, so the extra doors are a mighty nice luxury. I ordered mine about two months ago from a dealership in Massachusetts, that a friend who is the sales manager for a Ford dealership here in Connecticut highly recommended. None of the CT dealers would even acknowledge that a 5 door was coming, let alone let me order one. The sales manager for the recommended dealership (Tri-State Toyota in Dudley, MA) got my order in the system (for a Blazing Blue 5-door S). Once the brochure came out, I decided that I didn't like the new front on the 09 S, so he was willing and able to change my order, without losing my delivery date.

There are a few things that I really liked better about the 07/08's (such as the grill, headlight lines, and tail lights), but even after just one day of ownership, I am mighty glad that I have the extra two doors.

I paid $16,372 plus tax for mine which is a base 5 door, with the all weather package, the power package, rear spoiler, arm rest, rear bumper protector, and mats. Someone had asked, just before the purge, about whether I paid MSRP or if I was able to get the price down. I paid full MSRP - My salesperson said that on any car except the two Hybrids and the Yaris he could cut me an awesome deal, but that he couldn't budge on the Yaris.

I plan on installing a remote starter with keyless entry ASAP (mine came with the power package, but not with keyless, and I just can't get used to having to stick a key in the door). Shortly thereafter I will be adding a power moon roof, rims, and a HU with navigation.

Front angle view

Rear angle view

Oh yeah - Two extra doors!

Close-up of the strange jog in the bumper where the bumper and hood meets the headlight.

Same, with the hood open.

The new tail light.

New fabric - No blue dots (looks darken in person by the way).

The dash.

Rear view.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:46 AM   #2
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Very nice!!

Those new tail lights are pretty cool too!

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:50 AM   #3
Luna V 2.0

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to Luna V 2.0
I forgot to mention this on the first thread, but is it me or is the Blazing Blue for 09 a little different than the 07/08. I kinda like it, but it might just be the lighting in those pictures.

Oh an as before, I am jealous of your interior. The only thing I hate about my car are the stupid blue spots. Ack.
Luna V 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:54 AM   #4
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Congrats!
Were the rear spoiler and the bumper protector extras the dealer added?
I did the rear spoiler DIY on my car, it was a TRICKY install indeed.
Looks great, wish they had that 4 door in '08 when I bought mine.
Good choice & enjoy!
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 03:57 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna V 2.0 View Post
I forgot to mention this on the first thread, but is it me or is the Blazing Blue for 09 a little different than the 07/08. I kinda like it, but it might just be the lighting in those pictures.

Oh an as before, I am jealous of your interior. The only thing I hate about my car are the stupid blue spots. Ack.
The 09 color is called Blazing Blue Pearl as opposed to Blazing Blue Metallic. I believe that it really looks identical. I took the pictures at about 5PM with the sun starting to dip, so I think I picked up a bit of color shift. (Or, maybe the pearl in the clear coat causes the shift)
Old 10-19-2008, 03:59 AM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
Congrats!
Were the rear spoiler and the bumper protector extras the dealer added?
I did the rear spoiler DIY on my car, it was a TRICKY install indeed.
Looks great, wish they had that 4 door in '08 when I bought mine.
Good choice & enjoy!
They were dealer added. The spoiler install looks perfect, but I wouldn't expect anything less with this particular dealership.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:05 AM   #7
Luna V 2.0

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to Luna V 2.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The 09 color is called Blazing Blue Pearl as opposed to Blazing Blue Metallic. I believe that it really looks identical. I took the pictures at about 5PM with the sun starting to dip, so I think I picked up a bit of color shift. (Or, maybe the pearl in the clear coat causes the shift)
I think it might be a bit different. I really like it. It looks smoother if that makes sense.
Luna V 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:10 AM   #8
mem

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-door liftback
We're twins - almost

So fun to see your pics. Mine is the same except Bayou Blue and no spoiler. I'm loving it! I've got to take a picture of it before the rains start.
mem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:10 AM   #9
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
hmmm .. what did i say.. looks like a mutant version of my 08...blah blah.. lol

Still nice.. the wife likes the 5 door .. which i like the idea ofthe 5 doors.. but i like the sportier look of the 3 door.. for the 1-2 times we have passengers in a month.. i wasnt worried about waiting another 3-4 weeks for a 5 door ..

congrats though.. looks sweet... get modding!
Old 10-19-2008, 04:48 AM   #10
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
I got my 5-door polar white LB today. Pictures coming soon. I had the TYC tail lights on my '07 LB. Will those fit in these new 5-door LBs? The dealer said that if I wanted to keep them, I could drop by and swap them in to my new 5-door LB.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 04:50 AM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I got my 5-door polar white LB today. Pictures coming soon. I had the TYC tail lights on my '07 LB. Will those fit in these new 5-door LBs? The dealer said that if I wanted to keep them, I could drop by and swap them in to my new 5-door LB.
If you look at pics of 08s and 09s, the tails look to be the same form factor.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:14 AM   #12
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Love the 5-door! Nice choice of options. Good job!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #13
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Thanks for putting up all those photos. Intresting new headlights.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 04:32 AM   #14
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
I just noticed that there's a clear / transparent ring around the part where you insert the key. It looks like an ignition light, BUT it doesn't light up when I turn the car on or when I turn my headlights on...

Also, not sure if it's just some placebo type effect from the car being new, but it seems like it's much more quiet (less road noise) than the '07LB and it drives more "smoothly". The stock speakers also sound much better.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #15
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Looks great.

Lose the dealer sticker.
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 AM   #16
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_VT View Post
Looks great.

Lose the dealer sticker.
Already did - While I was waxing it the night I picked it up I pulled it off (before it had a chance to get baked on by the Sun). Now I need to get some plain license plate frames.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:35 AM   #17
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I just noticed that there's a clear / transparent ring around the part where you insert the key. It looks like an ignition light, BUT it doesn't light up when I turn the car on or when I turn my headlights on...

Also, not sure if it's just some placebo type effect from the car being new, but it seems like it's much more quiet (less road noise) than the '07LB and it drives more "smoothly". The stock speakers also sound much better.
MicroImage sells an LED illuminated ring to replace that clear ring!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #18
Carrot Top

Drives: 2008 Copper Orange LE HB
I have the 5 door LB and its great when you have kids! Each kid (I have two) gets their own door and cup holder...no more fights...for now!