Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
sanforj

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
2009 LB S 3-DR MT

Does anybody know what part of the country these are sold in? I desperately want a LB Sport and realize that they are sold nowhere near the NE. My dealer claims ignorance that they even exist even as I showed the Toyota literature to him.
sanforj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
why don't you buy the stock lb yaris + the power package and call it a day. I believe it's easier to find....and keep the money for future upgrade
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
There's a bunch for sale in the midwest. I pass a few at the Toyota dealership every morning on my way to work. You might ask your dealership (or a different one, since these guys feign ignorance) to contact a dealership out of state to transfer one of these. As a last resort, use eBay.
mrbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
2009Toyotoad

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
I had the same problem in California. I was basically told I couldn't get a 3dr LB with manual and factory cruise in California. I found two in the Toyota dealer net. One yellow in LasVegas and one white in Carson City, Nevada. LV dealer was all about collecting fees and dealer add charges. So I told him to sit and spin and drove the 268 miles to Carson City, NV on 5/2 before the rebate period end 5/4. I was back on the road in less than 90 minutes driving my 3 door.

One word of advice, these days cash talks and everyone else waits / walks. If you want to deal with these toyota dealers setup the sale ahead of time. Most of the sales people are standing around doing nothing. Call them. Get the price locked in before you drive to the dealership. If you've got a trade-in try to sell it seperately first or be prepare to dicker on that price. I drove away $9,100 lighter in the pocket and less one 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis.
Speak from the position of strength and get them to realized they are blowing the deal over a few hundred dollars. The pressure is on to move that inventory. Cash flow rather than dealer profit is the name of the game. Some of these dealers will be gone within a year because they can't make sales volume. They all realized its about surviving 2009 and 2010 in the hopes of greener model year profits in the future.
2009Toyotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
JetfireK

Drives: 2008 3 Dr Liftback
Have sports really come to the US now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanforj View Post
Does anybody know what part of the country these are sold in? I desperately want a LB Sport and realize that they are sold nowhere near the NE. My dealer claims ignorance that they even exist even as I showed the Toyota literature to him.

When I bought my 3 dr the Sport was not offered in the US. I waited for months and then I went to the Slidell LA dealership and said find me a liftback that has as much as the Sport has. He did. Someone ordered the car meoterite and did not want it. It had tinted windows; automatic shift with automaticwindows; Nitrate in the tires, best wheels...I added a back up camera and a gps which is permanently installed in the right hand glove box and is not noticeable as being there. The Nuvi 5000 is the only one I could find that would do this.

Have Sports come to the US yet? I don't know...
JetfireK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #6
chibipod

Drives: '09 3DR LB S MT Meteorite
They do exist in the SW region (I know because I have one) but they're pretty hard to find. I bought mine last December, and haven't seen another one on the road since. And it does have factory cruise. Good luck!
chibipod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:46 PM   #7
CDavis7M

Drives: 1990 Supra Turbo
I was looking for a 2009 3door LB S with manual transmission in Black. I was told that there was a red and a white one within 500 miles of San Diego. But, that was not what I wanted.

So, I ordered one. It's been almost 3 weeks, its supposed to take 6-8 weeks. I got all of the packages, keyless entry, and a few more of the add-on accessories.
CDavis7M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:45 PM   #8
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009Toyotoad View Post
I had the same problem in California. I was basically told I couldn't get a 3dr LB with manual and factory cruise in California. I found two in the Toyota dealer net. One yellow in LasVegas and one white in Carson City, Nevada. LV dealer was all about collecting fees and dealer add charges. So I told him to sit and spin and drove the 268 miles to Carson City, NV on 5/2 before the rebate period end 5/4. I was back on the road in less than 90 minutes driving my 3 door.

One word of advice, these days cash talks and everyone else waits / walks. If you want to deal with these toyota dealers setup the sale ahead of time. Most of the sales people are standing around doing nothing. Call them. Get the price locked in before you drive to the dealership. If you've got a trade-in try to sell it seperately first or be prepare to dicker on that price. I drove away $9,100 lighter in the pocket and less one 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis.
Speak from the position of strength and get them to realized they are blowing the deal over a few hundred dollars. The pressure is on to move that inventory. Cash flow rather than dealer profit is the name of the game. Some of these dealers will be gone within a year because they can't make sales volume. They all realized its about surviving 2009 and 2010 in the hopes of greener model year profits in the future.
well said ,
been there done ,that , 7 times in the last year for friend's and family
longest distance traveled for a car was 2400km's return trip ,
and that trip saved them $3000.00NZ all up.
travel and you will be rewarded
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Try Tri-State Toyota in Dudley, MA. Not necessarily close to you, but they are good at finding what other dealers are too lazy to, and if they can track down what you want they'll even deliver it to you. I ordered my 09 5 door from them last summer, when all of the dealers in CT were telling me that they didn't believe that there was going to be a 5 door for 09...
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
oilman930

Drives: 2009 Yaris S Hatchback
Not sure where you are in Pennsylvania, but I live in Philadelphia and bought my 2009 Yaris S hatchback from Ardmore Toyota. Waiting time for me was 12 weeks. A few dealerships in the Philadelphia area told me I was nuts to wait so long and informed me that they could get me a car in 6 to 8 weeks.

Your best bet is to pick up a phone and call a few dealerships in the Philadelphia area and see what the salesmen have to say. Good Luck!
oilman930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #11
2009BBPliftback

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB in Blazing blue
Send a message via AIM to 2009BBPliftback
I couldn't find one in western PA including the Pittsburgh metro Area and Erie dealers. I got my bbp liftback stick installed a scan guage and called it a day.
2009BBPliftback is offline   Reply With Quote