Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #1
bechdan

Drives: yaris colour collection 1.0 vv
headlamp change options?

my wifes 2003 yaris is looking a bit boring and the headlights are yellowing a bit. I know the yellowing can probably be polished out but Im thinking of just changing both the headlight units to something a bit nicer looking.
So far Ive only come across the 'bake in the oven and respray' method which I dont want to do simply because the car is silver and I dont think any other colour would match it well.
What options have you seen that would suit this model?
Thanks in advance peeps.
bechdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
bechdan

Drives: yaris colour collection 1.0 vv
wow 92 views and not a single reply
bechdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Drives: Toyota Yaris LB '07
Sorry bud, I dont know much about the echo but I personally would use some toothpaste and clean up the headlights and it DOES WORK! i did it with my previous corolla. After, put in a pair of Phillips Silverstar or Osram Night breaker globes and put some dark smoke lamin-x on, it will look Boss!

Lamin-X is a type of tint film you can use on your head/tail lights, it comes in Yellow, Blue, smoke and clear. Smoke Lamin-X looks like so:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSquash! View Post

Old 07-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
The 2003 model Yaris wasn't sold globally hence the lack of knowledge/aftermarket parts.
However, if you venture towards the Asian countries you may find a few.
Here is a link I found on Yahoo Auctions Japan you might be interested in.
It's a Taiwan aftermarket headlight for your model. Is your model SCP10 or 13? There are some slight changes to the headlight design depending on your vehicle.
A photo of your actual vehicle also helps. Good luck with your search.

@SilverSquash - Damn! Your pics are HUGE!
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #5
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
well for the OP my suggestion is to go the bixenon retrofit route. not only will it benefit your wife while she's driving at night, it will transform (yes as in the transformers lol) your 2003's look to a modern one.

go with FXR or those lexus retrofits. they are pretty sick. costs around $750 here for a full OEM setup (philips ballast, oem style wiring and iforgotwhatelse), and less than $600 for the same projectors but aftermarket ballasts IMO.

probably costs just a little more than ebay ones + shipping from Asia, but well worth it.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote