Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
grelise

Drives: 07 YR Yaris 5dr Hatch
MY07 Yaris Hatch YR

Thought I may as well put my second car on here;

Ride;
2007 Toyota Yaris 5dr Hatch YR

Engine;
1.3ltr DOHC VVTi

Transmission;
4sp Auto

Exterior Mods;
RS Rear wing
Reverse Cam
Interior Mods;
7 " DVD, Satnav Player
Roof mounted DVD player
Sony 6" splits

Driveline;
Stock

Suspension;
Stock

Wheels/Tyres;
16" Enkei SC24 with 205/45/87W Maxxis MAV-1 Tyres

Future Plans;
Toyota Genuine Body Enhancement Kit
Lowered on Dobinson or TEIN Street Coilovers

Pics;
Before

After

With the new wing;

The little engine that could

Interior

New HU and Roof mounted DVD unit;

The half of the interior I took out;

So I could install this;

Keeps the kids happy in the back.
I bought this car brand new for my wife in 2007 with only 50km on the clock. Now, it has only passed 32,000km.

Originally, my wife wanted this kept strictly stock, stayed that way till we needed new tyres. So, she said she wanted Rims, I found the set of Enkeis on sale, missus liked the price, so, the modding began. lol

Next she wanted a rear wing big enough to keep most of the sun of the rear window and therefor off the kids. The only thing that Toyota had was the small lip spoiler found on the YRX. Then discovered that Toyota sells an RS version in Japan,Europe and the US. And the Wing on that model fits what she is after. So, a quick search and one was found, paid for and is now sitting at home ready for painting. It is a genuine one made from ABS plastic, same as what front and rear bars are made from.

Once it's fitted she'll then decide on whether she wants the YRX kit.

This car is quite underestimated, the interior room and versitility is very good. Have managed to put a 42" Plasma TV in it's box standing up in the back, and with the rear seats folded flat, will take 1200x900x18mm sheets of MDF. I've had 10 in the car and didn't miss a beat.

Very economical for it's engine size, it has taken 3 Adults 2 Children from Townsville - Tully - RTN and 550km round trip on a tank, the tank size is 45ltrs. It is a very good city car.

Last edited by grelise; 01-05-2013 at 05:04 AM.
grelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
upgradedyaris

Drives: Yaris & Supra
Nice job. Now, less wheel gap and you're golden.

The center counsel with an added cup holder I presume? Or is it a part of it? Can you get me a part number for it please? What about price! I think that is a better one than in the models we get here.

Also, do you have the slider compartment under the pass seat or the stop if you put something on the seat? I am looking for different features I could add on that come from models not available here.

Thanks
upgradedyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
grelise

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgradedyaris View Post
Nice job. Now, less wheel gap and you're golden.

The center counsel with an added cup holder I presume? Or is it a part of it? Can you get me a part number for it please? What about price! I think that is a better one than in the models we get here.

Also, do you have the slider compartment under the pass seat or the stop if you put something on the seat? I am looking for different features I could add on that come from models not available here.

Thanks
I would if I could, I'm currently overseas and won't be back till Feb next year. That cup holder also has a removable ashtray that sits in it, which we don't use. As for the storage tray under the seat or the stop, don't have it, never came with it.
Lowering will happen sometime next year, the family and I are doing a big move, one side of the country to the other, so, will have to wait.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
upgradedyaris

Drives: Yaris & Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by grelise View Post
I would if I could, I'm currently overseas and won't be back till Feb next year. That cup holder also has a removable ashtray that sits in it, which we don't use. As for the storage tray under the seat or the stop, don't have it, never came with it.
Lowering will happen sometime next year, the family and I are doing a big move, one side of the country to the other, so, will have to wait.
It's cool, no worries. Good luck with the move!
upgradedyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:14 AM   #5
grelise

For the center console cup holder under the A/C controls the Part Number is 74123-52010

Missus recently scrapped a rim, so off she went and got a replacement. The damaged one is no in the boot as a spare.

Doesn't look bad in the pic, but it is deeper than it looks.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
grelise

Not much of an update,

Got some new Sony 6.5" splits today, on special for $63, was $179. Had a heap of Dynamat left over form my other car, so did the front doors, made a speaker baffle to replace the OEM one and mounted to tweeter on the trim piece forward of the window controls.

For those, I went to the wrecker and picked up a set for $10, used them and save the others.

The only visible clue of after market speakers;

The OEM ones, being intergrated into the baffle are so light!! But the new ones make such a difference to the sound, alot clearer and crisp. Now that the doors are dynamatted, the doors close with a solid thunk and really bring out the sound in the cabin.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #7
grelise

Not much going on here, just waiting and saving. Next planned mods are some K Sport Coilovers and new tyres.

Here are some pics of my other car,

A 2004 KL Mitsubishi Verada AWD, known as the Diamante in the US and not offered in AWD form there either.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #8
SilverSquash!
Stage ...Base

Drives: Toyota Yaris LB '07
Sweet looking yari bud!
SilverSquash! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #9
grelise

Cheers mate, it will look even sweeter once it's sitting closer to terra firma haha

Also looking at getting fogs, I already have the stalk with fog, as it has rear fogs, so, just a matter of finding a suitable kit and wire it in.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #10
japle

Drives: Vitz S 2007 LB
Bro, what instrument cluster are you using? I am looking for the electronic version.

[Img]i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm329/grelise1/The%20other%20ride/SDC12725.jpg[/img]
japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #11
grelise

I believe it is an ADM (Australian Domestic Market) only cluster, only coming out in our 3/5dr hatches.
Look up on ebay, there is one in there, though for a manual, but I believe they are the same as it doesn't show gear selection.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
japle

Drives: Vitz S 2007 LB
I tried searching for it, ending up none... anyone has one here in the site willing to let go?
japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #13
grelise

PM Sent
Old 04-05-2013, 04:47 AM   #14
grelise

Recently got back from a trip to my Investment property to do some maintainance. It was just me and the missus and about 200kg of tools and items to install. Thought I would see what the economy would be like for the trip.
So, with an average speed of 110kph and a distance of 490km it returned an average of 7.3L/100km or 38.4MPG. I think that's not too bad for a 1.3L auto with A/C running.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #15
grelise

Got the car its 50,000km service the other day. Got the usual stuff like the oil and filter changed, new plugs and a coolant flush. The other work I did myself. Like cleaning of the throttle body and upper inlet manifold. The service guys wanted to charge $120 to clean it out.
Only cost me $25 for a new air filter, and hour and half of my time to pull the airbox, intake, throttlebody and manifold off, clean it and put it back together. Not bad considering I haven't done it before.
I do all that stuff to my other car, so, wasn't fazed in giving this ago.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #16
grelise

Long time between posts. Not much, lost my job, got a new one, mods on hold till I build up my savings again.

Gave it a good detail a week ago, clay barred, polished, fixed some broken interior pieces(damn kids) engine detail.

Economy wise, no complaints, consistently getting between 6.5-6.7L/100km approx 42m/gallon.

Next few months I will be looking at lowering and some engine and exhaust mods to make the 1.3 breath and respond better. Any ideas?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #17
grelise

Gone back to the OEM H/U for now, the other unit has a faulty touch screen, I'll be ordering a new screen soon.
I'm going to keep the unit as I like it's OEM look, and does everything I need.
Also, going to need new tyres soon, looking at some ContiSport2 and hopefully new springs soon after that to finally reduce that wheel arch gap haha
Old 03-12-2014, 05:19 AM   #18
grelise

Ended up getting some Kumho Solus KH17 tyres, so far so good. Grips well, good dry weather handling, and quiet, just waiting on rain. Been 95 days since we have had rain, I just want to test the wet weather handling.