Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-28-2009, 11:56 PM   #19
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
The camber bolts I sell are lobed, so you can set and re-set camber as you wish from +1.75 to -1.75. Slotting the holes works too if you're game to mod the suspension with that method. Toyota also makes other camber bolts that set camber to specific numbers; but they aren't adjustable.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
Herbicidal
Just a Herbicidal maniac.

Drives: 2008 Yaris S Sedan Flint Mica
*** Bringing back an old thread. *** I have the TRD springs and stock shocks, after my sound deadening project and installing a 10" sub with enclosure, the back end is riding lower than I would like due to the extra weight. Spring spacers sound like a viable option to bring the rear end back up a little.

How can I tell what size spacer I need to get for the TRD springs?

Thanks!
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Herbicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #21
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Hi Herb,
nice to see you again!

Loren and Garm suggested me tu use RING-TYPE COIL SPRING STABILIZER

I can't say anything bad about them they work GREAT!!!

Herb 1 size fits all

LINK

Remember to buy 2

Derick
derickveliz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #22
Herbicidal

Thanks Derick! You too! I wasn't sure about the one size fits all part. Do you recall how much it lifted up the rear end once installed?

I think I will order up a pair.
2008 Toyota Yaris (Vios) 'S' sedan, Flint Mica, dropped on TRD springs, TRD anti-sway bar. Tinted rear windows. Lenso Samurai SC02 hyper black 17" x 7" rims, wrapped in 205x40x17 Federal ss595's. Color matched eyelids. Vios badge. Body color trunk trim (was chrome). Lamin-X tint on rear tails. Custom center exit exhaust. Tanabe front strut tower brace.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #23
derickveliz2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicidal View Post
Thanks Derick! You too! I wasn't sure about the one size fits all part. Do you recall how much it lifted up the rear end once installed?

I think I will order up a pair.
You are welcome!

I would say about 3/8"

To my surprise handling improved a lot. What Loren told me is that the spring rate will raise and it did! for good

I also recommend a Camber kit, not only looks cool but man you can tell the difference in corners and my favorite at ramps.

These are not so good pictures to show the difference but here we go anyway:

Before RING-TYPE COIL SPRING STABILIZER

After RING-TYPE COIL SPRING STABILIZER + Camber Kit

Derick

Old 08-21-2010, 10:25 AM   #24
Herbicidal

Question

OK, I got 'em. Now, where do I place them in the coil spring? Close to the body or close to the road? Somewhere in the middle? I think my TRD springs have the large end up top, almost like they are upside down. Can I just jack up the car (place jack stands for safety) so the springs are 'unloaded' then insert the spacer between the coils? I'll take before and after measurements too.

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #25
derickveliz2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbicidal View Post
OK, I got 'em. Now, where do I place them in the coil spring? Close to the body or close to the road? Somewhere in the middle? I think my TRD springs have the large end up top, almost like they are upside down. Can I just jack up the car (place jack stands for safety) so the springs are 'unloaded' then insert the spacer between the coils? I'll take before and after measurements too.

Thanks!
Jack up your car (place jack stands for safety) so the springs are 'unloaded' then insert the spacer between the coils AT THE BOTTOM. Push them as much as possible Look at this photo>

Then go for a ride you will experience a much better ride and even better at corners and specially at highway speeds, the feeling is GOOD.
I'm actually getting 2 more for the front.

PS. I now lucky you guys don't have the terrible winter issues around here!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #26
derickveliz2

PS... use grease to help them go as far as possible!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:00 AM   #27
Herbicidal

Thanks Derick, I'll try that tomorrow. Yes, no sand or salt for our roads during winter. Just wet. Our elevation where I live in the Sacramento Valley is only like 180' above sea level, so we get a dusting of snow like once every 10 years!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #28
derickveliz2

Thumbs down

Bad news for these rubber inserts... with less than 5K miles

Thoughts?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:48 PM   #29
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
Thoughts?
That they are garbage, and you're lucky they didn't fail at high speed on a turn.
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #30
derickveliz2

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrr View Post
That they are garbage, and you're lucky they didn't fail at high speed on a turn.
I don't think any thing would happen I've been driving with them like that for a couple of weeks, I notice the suspension getting softer. (less spring rate)

The rubber is too soft and I squished them in too much.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #31
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Bad news for these rubber inserts... with less than 5K miles
Those are so cheap to buy, that's having to replace them what, maybe twice a year? To fix a problem you had, and with horrible roads as you say.

I say, not so bad. Not everyone needs these.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #32
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
you're lucky they didn't fail at high speed on a turn.
Why? then he would just have springs, right?
Old 09-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #33
derickveliz2

I got the Deep Groove Spring Rubber - 5/5.5" Black Hard

more money but the compound it's harder. my ride is much better (sportier) I still would like more spring rate so I can put my 90 pound woofer box in the trunk and not have my car feel so heavy in the rear, how are does new Micro Image springs? (just for the rear)

D.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #34
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
I got the Deep Groove Spring Rubber - 5/5.5" Black Hard

more money but the compound it's harder. my ride is much better (sportier) I still would like more spring rate so I can put my 90 pound woofer box in the trunk and not have my car feel so heavy in the rear, how are does new Micro Image springs? (just for the rear)

D.
Wow those are expensive, let us know how they are, and how good they are.

Using MI springs might work. The rears are 3k, compared to 2.6 for the NF, however the drop is 1.1" for the NF compared to 1.75" drop for MI, so that might look really strange.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #35
derickveliz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Wow those are expensive, let us know how they are, and how good they are.

Using MI springs might work. The rears are 3k, compared to 2.6 for the NF, however the drop is 1.1" for the NF compared to 1.75" drop for MI, so that might look really strange.
So far the spring rate is much stiffer than before, so they are working. Quality they are like a very hard polyurethane material and the old ones are like soft rubber.

That's why I was thinking on the MI springs 3K, I know about the drop issue?

Looks like coilovers could resolve my issues

D.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #36
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ yeah, that will pretty much give you all the adjustability you could want.

Those spring spacers look a lot better, good find.