Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2018, 07:17 AM   #1
Dliverance

Drives: 2012 Black sand pearl <3
The commuter that does it all.

Hello everyone. I have wanted a Toyota vitz since the year 2000. When I was 15 I used to play gran turismo every single day! Something about the vitz really had my eye. Unfortunately, the vitz wasn’t available to me in Florida. The closest I ever got was a red echo hatchback that I saw on the highway. In 2006 I remember seeing my first Yaris. I was broke and had no credit but boy was I in love. I couldn’t afford a Yaris then because I will only buy a car that I can pay for cash. Some years went by and I kinda forgot about the Yaris bug I once had. I have been fortunate enough to have some great cars. Lots of crx’s, lots of Miatas, an FD rx7, a handful of Subaru’s and more Ford festivas than I could count. I also got into autox and road racing with the SCCA. Last month I was building a festiva for autox when I broke off a cv joint in the transmission. When I called the local parts store, they told me that they didn’t have a throwout bearing in stock and couldn’t find one in the country. This made me really want a newer car so I sat down and thought about what I would buy if I was in the market for a newer car. I got on craigslist and set the filters to hatchback, manual, 4 cylinder and hit search. When I saw “Sky” (what the previous owner named her), I knew I had to have her. I had a long talk with the GF and now I’m the proud owner of a 2008 Yaris base. It has 78k miles and it is perfect.

Over the course of the next few months I’m going to be making her mine. The plan is to make her a really good looking autox car/daily driver. I’ll be running my first autox with her today to get an idea of just how much work is ahead of me. The only mod she has right now is a set of volk te37v in 15x7.5+25 f and 15x8+25 r configuration that were supposed to go on my zzw30. They fit like a champ but I think I’ll reserve those for daily driving or swap the rears up to the front when I autox.

Here’s a few pictures.

Dliverance is offline   Reply With Quote