Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
digitalrain

Drives: 2011 yaris rs
hyundai veloster

I saw the Hyundai Veloster at the detailers a couple weeks ago. I really liked the interior on it. Man have they ever made major improvements on the quality inside. The look and feel are night and day different than a few years ago.

I wish I could say the same for Toyota. I'm not sure if they even made improvements inside over the past few years.

The body of the Veloster is a whole different story, Looking from the back directly or from the 3/4 rear view it looks fine. Quite similar to the Honda CRZ. But the front and front 3/4 are a disaster. Just absolutely butt fugly. Makes you wonder if they were drinking a few cases of beer as they went along. Things were pretty ok when they started at the back of the car , but the beers started taking a toll by the time they got around to the front when things got bloody out of control. The more I see the CRZ in person the more I like the design. Funny cuz I wasn't like that when I first saw it at the dealership.

Anyone notice that their opinion of the current gen Hyundai Sonata has changed over the last year?!? When it first came out I was totally wowed by the exterior design lines. It really impressed me and made me feel Toyota was really behind. My head turned everytime one went by. Now the design that was so nice a short year ago , is just invisible to me now. I wonder how I thought it was so great when I first saw it. A similar thing happened with the Smart car and the Fiat 500 too.
digitalrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Here's a review with some great pictures. http://www.caradvice.com.au/124151/h...loster-i40-17/

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Saw this car a few days ago. Looked kinda weird to me.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #4
*MAD DOG*

http://www.facebook.com/HyundaiAustr...1-03b25082a743

Check it out. Looks mega sexy. 3 doors, full of features and safety. Hmmmm may have to test drive.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Old 12-31-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
You know, the one thing that really throws me off about the Veloster is it's "unique" three-door set-up. Something about it just bugs me. I'm guessing that that is probably how others feel about the Yaris's center gauge pod. To each his own though.

Other than that, I think it's a pretty nice looking car. Maybe like an aggressive Accent with a Genesis/Tiburon front-end.

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:31 PM   #6
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
I saw this the other day also.. I actually really like this cars style
Old 12-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
UTVitz

Drives: Black Vitz Liftback
Looked at and test drove-it is noticably underpowered for the weight of the car. Everytime I see it I think-not veloster it's more monster in appearance. It has a lot of weird angles and shapes with almost a stepped on look. It is definitely and answer to a question no one asked. Saturn tried this with the SC2 and the extra door, it got them no where. Hyundai's designs may not survive the test of time-too trendy.
UTVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
wait till end of 2012 veloster turbo is coming in..

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #9
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
wait till end of 2012 veloster turbo is coming in..
Oh i'll wait. My 2007 Yaris is paid off in Dec 2012 :)