Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
friedbbq
 
Drives: none as of yet
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nj
Posts: 8
thinking about buying the sedan. is it worth the extra money for the s(optB) version?

do you think the antilock breaks are worth the extra money? the wheels and the body kit seem nice though.

another question, do the rear seats fold down to the trunk?


thanks.
friedbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:38 PM   #2
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal
 
Thirty-Nine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,091
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
It depends. Some people don't like ABS, others swear by it. I have had ABS on most of my cars and am used to it. For me, I'd pay the extra cash.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
bikergal
 
bikergal's Avatar
 
Drives: Tacoma 4x4
Join Date: May 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedbbq
do you think the antilock breaks are worth the extra money? the wheels and the body kit seem nice though.

another question, do the rear seats fold down to the trunk?


thanks.
Hi there friedbbq.... Take a look around the site. You will find this info scattered all around this site.
bikergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:44 PM   #4
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH
 
Jem_hadar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Collingwood, ON
Posts: 632
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedbbq
do you think the antilock breaks are worth the extra money? the wheels and the body kit seem nice though.

another question, do the rear seats fold down to the trunk?


thanks.
The ones in Canada do AFAIK...

I think its standard 60/40 too, but Id have to check to refresh my mem

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 11:52 PM   #5
60 Somethings
Old Folks
 
60 Somethings's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Vancouver, USA
Posts: 222
The 60/40 split rear seat in the liftback folds totally flat with the trunk.

I posted a pictuure or ours a couple of days ago on this site - not sure exactly where right now - so here it is once again.

Lou
Attached Images
 
60 Somethings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:20 AM   #6
El Jefe
 
Drives: 07 yaris s sedan
Join Date: May 2006
Location: california uber alles! (sacramento)
Posts: 204
the rears fold down in my s sedan, and mine is an s but doesnt have the power package, so no wheels, abs, or power stuff inside, and im just fine with that.
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:30 AM   #7
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH
 
Jem_hadar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Collingwood, ON
Posts: 632
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60 Somethings
The 60/40 split rear seat in the liftback folds totally flat with the trunk.

I posted a pictuure or ours a couple of days ago on this site - not sure exactly where right now - so here it is once again.

Lou
The only hatch that has the 60/40 here in Canada is the RS (top model).

There is no option for it otherwise. My rear seat dont fold completely flat like that (WISH it did). I wonder if the RS would fold completely flat though... its so dope! So much better!

the non-60/40 split is the ONE think I really am fucking missing in my Yaris

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #8
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar
The only hatch that has the 60/40 here in Canada is the RS (top model).

There is no option for it otherwise. My rear seat dont fold completely flat like that (WISH it did). I wonder if the RS would fold completely flat though... its so dope! So much better!

the non-60/40 split is the ONE think I really am fucking missing in my Yaris

Jem
Yeah, the 60/40 on the RS DO fold completely flat. I have a LE, it folded but kinda tilted, but my buddy's RS have to two switches on the seat instead of one, the other one move the seats up, so you can fold it completely.
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:52 PM   #9
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH
 
Jem_hadar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Collingwood, ON
Posts: 632
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
Yeah, the 60/40 on the RS DO fold completely flat. I have a LE, it folded but kinda tilted, but my buddy's RS have to two switches on the seat instead of one, the other one move the seats up, so you can fold it completely.
UGH!!! I soo freaking wish I had this option! Its pretty much the ONLY thing I truly *WISH* I had in my car and feel semi-so-so about not having!

I wish this point had been elaborated upon more by the dealer... I may have made me wanna go RS...

But then again, it was still a few thousand extra (even with my LE package on), and ive never been one to like the "sportier" image.

But damn a 60/40 rearback split, PLUS going flat! thats somethign I REALLY love to have had!

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:28 PM   #10
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar
UGH!!! I soo freaking wish I had this option! Its pretty much the ONLY thing I truly *WISH* I had in my car and feel semi-so-so about not having!

I wish this point had been elaborated upon more by the dealer... I may have made me wanna go RS...

But then again, it was still a few thousand extra (even with my LE package on), and ive never been one to like the "sportier" image.

But damn a 60/40 rearback split, PLUS going flat! thats somethign I REALLY love to have had!

Jem
Tell me about it, I wouldn't say I regrat for what I have got, but having it flat would makes me even happier. Oh well, what's done is done. Beside, I don't really like that stock spoiler anyways.
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:01 PM   #11
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH
 
Jem_hadar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Collingwood, ON
Posts: 632
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv
Tell me about it, I wouldn't say I regrat for what I have got, but having it flat would makes me even happier. Oh well, what's done is done. Beside, I don't really like that stock spoiler anyways.
Thats exactlty it. I dont regret what I got - I LOVE IT. But the 60/40 and FLAT would have been AWESOME things I'd have loved !

But yea, that stock spoiler, I actually strongly DISLIKE/hate it too... not a fan.

Im love my LE 5door!
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:47 PM   #12
YotaYarisUSA
 
Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Western North Carolina,USA
Posts: 62
You don't need ABS, on the Yaris,why you just don't,trust me. The brakes that come standard are just fine, you can pay for the ABS,but you want be doing any better with them.

Also, I wouldn't add power windows,or all that stuff either. The standard Sedan is a true bargin price. Once you add power everything the price gets away from its true bargin price,of the Yaris.

The Yaris is a wonderful car,its a true winner,one of the best cars every made,this little car should last you for many, many years, to come if you take good care of her!!!

Best of luck with your Yaris, take care :) What color are you getting?


YotaYarisUSA
YotaYarisUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 11:55 PM   #13
friedbbq
 
Drives: none as of yet
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nj
Posts: 8
that is my same sort of theory also. go either the bare minimum or live it up big!

i wanted to get new toyota double cab tacoma/tundra/ or maybe the FJ cruiser. The car payment + the premium insurance would be >700 bucks a month. well after snapping back to reality, i decided that the yaris would be the most practical and wisest choice.

i plan to either get the silver or dark silver. i havent seen them yet on the lot. hoping to as soon as my loan check comes in the mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaYarisUSA
You don't need ABS, on the Yaris,why you just don't,trust me. The brakes that come standard are just fine, you can pay for the ABS,but you want be doing any better with them.

Also, I wouldn't add power windows,or all that stuff either. The standard Sedan is a true bargin price. Once you add power everything the price gets away from its true bargin price,of the Yaris.

The Yaris is a wonderful car,its a true winner,one of the best cars every made,this little car should last you for many, many years, to come if you take good care of her!!!

Best of luck with your Yaris, take care :) What color are you getting?


YotaYarisUSA
friedbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:03 AM   #14
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,129
The FJ Cruiser is pretty nice. Every one I've seen on a lot though is $30k or more. Ouch.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #15
Yaris
 
Yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LB Meteor Metallic
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Markham
Posts: 65
thinking about buying the sedan. is it worth the extra money for the s(optB) version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedbbq
do you think the antilock breaks are worth the extra money? the wheels and the body kit seem nice though.

another question, do the rear seats fold down to the trunk?


thanks.

Here is the link to an auto writer's evaluation of the Yaris Sedan in today's Toronto Star.

http://tinyurl.com/oo9yc
Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 5 09-05-2010 08:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.