Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 02:58 PM   #19
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
I think I'm missing something here - what's this business with the now-ex-moderators? Two threads seem to be centering around this, so can somebody clue me in as to what's up?
Old 09-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #20
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
WTF?!!

Where did all the mods go?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
*edit*

wait, im staying the hell out of this...
On second thought,
+1

Last edited by tomato; 09-08-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #21
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbond View Post
I think I'm missing something here - what's this business with the now-ex-moderators? Two threads seem to be centering around this, so can somebody clue me in as to what's up?
Moderators pissed at Bueller for lack of attention to the site.
Bueller pissed at moderators for actively promoting the MicroImage forum.
Bueller has issues with Garm.
Bueller demoted some moderators, and some demoted themselves because of all the BS.
All in the name of making YarisWorld a better place...
Old 09-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #22
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
That is certainly BS. I've noticed a good many posts over several threads (including this one) being deleted. The fun is definitely sliding away...
Old 09-08-2009, 04:02 PM   #23
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
"I'd like to teach the world to sing.....

"In perfect harmony......

"I'd like to buy the world a Coke, and keep it company"

Old 09-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #24
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
That is certainly BS. I've noticed a good many posts over several threads (including this one) being deleted. The fun is definitely sliding away...
a certain moderator went on a power trip and deleted many of my threads awhile ago.. i'm sure he won't be demoted though
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #25
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
If by "fun" you mean "off-topic and/or offensive" then you are absolutely right. The rest of the posts are right where they're supposed to be.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #26
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
a certain moderator went on a power trip and deleted many of my threads awhile ago.. i'm sure he won't be demoted though
I'm putting a good word for you, and I sure hope that tendency to "delete everything you have to say just because you said it" goes away. I, for one, promise to never do such a thing.

Just please stop giving ppl excuses to delete your posts.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #27
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
I honestly think that Bueller personally needs to realize what he is doing. I mean really, he gets upset because he feels like his own moderator team "betrayed him?"

When it was that very moderator team, including countless members who revived this whole FORUM, after the hack...He simply was notified the site went down, and payed to have it put back up. The PEOPLE put it back together for him... Hence Yarisworld got to where it is now.

It pisses a lot of people, old members, and new to see someone who has never really played a leading example in the forum, make such choices as he did (banning/demotions/promotions) in such a irrational and quick method as has been done. Its almost something out of a communist state of mind that "If it cant be the way I want it, the hell with everyone else who opposes me."

I was pretty pissed to see Yarisworld be hacked and brought down to pretty much nothing... Im furious that one lone person simply threw a hissy fit and pretty much altered the whole forum leadership structure in what seems like an overnight job to suit his needs.

I dont see one positive thing coming from banning ChinoCharles and running off Thomas and Echo. Other than helpful and knowledgeable members being gone.

Bueller's Communist YW FTL!

I will see myself less and less visiting Yarisworld.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:16 PM   #28
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
Old 09-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #29
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
.net > .com
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #30
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I honestly think that Bueller personally needs to realize what he is doing. I mean really, he gets upset because he feels like his own moderator team "betrayed him?"

When it was that very moderator team, including countless members who revived this whole FORUM, after the hack...He simply was notified the site went down, and payed to have it put back up. The PEOPLE put it back together for him... Hence Yarisworld got to where it is now.

It pisses a lot of people, old members, and new to see someone who has never really played a leading example in the forum, make such choices as he did (banning/demotions/promotions) in such a irrational and quick method as has been done. Its almost something out of a communist state of mind that "If it cant be the way I want it, the hell with everyone else who opposes me."

I was pretty pissed to see Yarisworld be hacked and brought down to pretty much nothing... Im furious that one lone person simply threw a hissy fit and pretty much altered the whole forum leadership structure in what seems like an overnight job to suit his needs.

I dont see one positive thing coming from banning ChinoCharles and running off Thomas and Echo. Other than helpful and knowledgeable members being gone.

Bueller's Communist YW FTL!

I will see myself less and less visiting Yarisworld.
Your points aren't without merit, but this is Bueller's site. He pays for it and could just as easily shut it down if he wanted to. I hope it won't come to that, but if it does, life goes on.

I liked all the moderators too and Thomas was pretty much the de facto leader IMO. It looks like he's going to stick around even without mod status, so that's good. I hope echo and Charles reconsider as well.

The hack really did screw things up, tons of good information was lost. And even with some of it being brought back it's just not the same.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #31
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Quote:
.net > .com
<raises eyebrow>
Old 09-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #32
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
wow i like how my post was deleted

this site offically gets a thumbs down

i guess people cant make open comments anymore :tdown:

http://www.4055design.com
Old 09-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #33
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
Quote:
<raises eyebrow>
dont! lol
Old 09-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #34
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
lmao.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #35
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
wow i like how my post was deleted

this site offically gets a thumbs down

i guess people cant make open comments anymore :tdown:
If mine gets deleted, It will be the end of freedom here on YW...

As long as you dont badtalk the site or its creator, you will not be censored, once you cross the line, you no longer have an open voice.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #36
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
I for one have never been a fan of people just banning persons for no outstanding reason at all.
If they obviously did something out of what is expected of them, we knew who they were and how they were online...thats part of an online community, you always have the jerks, assholes, nice guys, etc. As you would in any mass group of people.

I really think alot of people have done the right think in trying to stand up for what is right personally. I think the actions of the "admin" of the site have been a bit childish in nature when it comes to his direction he wants to take. Even if he doesnt see that he is losing some of the best moderators/members he has available.

Of course this comes to arise new persons who can take responsibility.

I for one am saddened by this all, of course I havnt hit Emokid status like Tamago did. lol.
I'm agianst banning all together since most of us live in America Goddamit and if not this site is still run from 'America' so freedom of motherfucking speech/type should still apply right? or am I wrong ???????????????
From what i've seen on most forums the people who get banned alway bring "life" to the forum or at least keep it "interesting"...
Closed Thread