Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Great Lakes
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
where to buy tires in michigan (rochester hills area)

likely going to pick up some used rims/tires tomorrow that'll need tires this season.

i have family in rochester hills, mi and it'd be handy to buy new tires while im in the states (since they're often much cheaper than in canada, especially with the dollar on par)

what would be my best bet for tires in/around rochester hills, mi?
Old 02-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I'd say probably the best bet is either Belle Tire or Discount Tire. Those two are the major players in the tire industry in Michigan. I was able to get Dunlop Signatures for about 370 usd if I remember right. That includes the mounting and balancing. Free balancing and rotation for the life of the tire and tire repair is included.

Sorry it's a little bit late of a reply, just decided to randomly check the Great Lakes section and saw your post
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
thats ok, wheel/tire deal fell through

but im sure ill pick something else up that'll need tires...
Old 02-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
Lil Abner

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Manual
Discount Tire stores match online pricing. So when I purchased my Goodyear GS-D3's for my Celica, I found a better price online, printed it, and brought it in. They matched it. So Discount is a good place if you ever come into the States for tires.
Lil Abner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:02 AM   #5
toad

Drives: street-legal go-kart
not sure where rochester hills is(i'm guessing detroit suburb), but tirerack is in south bend, indiana(2-3 hours?). next time you're in the states you can order online and pick them up at the warehouse there and save shipping(where tirerack usually gets you). prices aren't bad at all if you don't have to pay sales tax/shipping.
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:43 AM   #6
armandjones

Drives: N/A
Try to find it at some michigan auto repair shops first, then if it doesn't fits your needs, then try to find out some good tires near your area there. In that way, you would be able to really make things work out for your vehicle. Hope you can buy that tire soon.

Last edited by armandjones; 03-05-2011 at 01:00 AM.
armandjones is offline   Reply With Quote