Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #1
chapabig
3dr Angry Bubble

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
07 3dr HB aka Mr. Bubbles aka Skittle

Whats up guys,

I have been lurking this site for a while and it actually lead me to buy a yaris. I got a pretty good deal on a 07 3dr manual yaris. I LOVE THE GAS MILEAGE!!!. and its actually big inside for what it is. I bought it totally stock from an older gentelman.

The car spent the first years of its life parked outside in the hot and burning Florida SUN of a retirement home. So the clear coat of the car started to give out :(. Its ok thou because when i got her 2 weeks ago she only had 51k original miles and one owner. I live in South Florida and had to drive 2HRS to go get her from a remote place call LAKE PLACID. somewhere in the wilderness compare to where i Live

Anyways:

This is how i got Mr. Buubles, she had Fishing stickers in the back, the sides, no tint, clean interior, new tires (The Cooper S its my wife's Baby, 6speeds of boosted fun )

These are the changes i have done so far:

- LLumar lifetime warranty tint (5% back, 18% front, 5% wide windshield stripe)
- Black-out emblems
- shaved the Toyota and Yaris Emblems
- Red-out Tail Lights, Left a little white strip for reverse light
- Carbon Fiber wrap on interior panels next to the Silver radio bezel

Things bought not installed yet:

- DF210 tanabe springs (bought them from member here
- Front camber bolts
- Black Mesh Lower Grill
- RS replica Spoiler

Things Im wanting to do:

- Tanabe Touring Axle Back
- 16" wheels on 205-45-16 tires
- Black roof
- and of course, I will re-do all the clear coat after getting parts that need to be painted
- Some decent lip, Still have not found one i like, the S its horrible in my opinion
- OEM mud flaps
- MAYBE fog Lights
- TRD grill, im not sure if thats the name but its looks real nice, I want to color match the black bezzel part and keep the mesh black.
- I want balck out my headlight bezzels. (inside the headlights, not that smoke crap outside)
- LED's everywhere lol

Thats all for now Guys, Keep me posted if you have any of these parts for sale
chapabig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Sounds like the PERFECT acquisition!

Old 06-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
The car spent the first years of its life parked outside in the hot and burning Florida SUN of a retirement home. So the clear coat of the car started to give out
This is one reason I make certain to maintain enough room to park my (also 07 3-door Bayou Blue 5-speed manual ) Yaris in my garage.....to keep it (as much as possible) out of the SE Texas sun .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
chapabig
3dr Angry Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Sounds like the PERFECT acquisition!

Thank you sir, Im really hapy whit it so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
This is one reason I make certain to maintain enough room to park my (also 07 3-door Bayou Blue 5-speed manual ) Yaris in my garage.....to keep it (as much as possible) out of the SE Texas sun .
I know, Sun is so bad on paint, but i guess is better than snow and be dealing with salt aka RUST

I love this Bayou color by the way. I cant wait to install my DF210's and hopefully get some nice wheels

Also, here is a different picture of the rear. (its actually in mid day and rain and condensation out of the picture lol

Last edited by chapabig; 06-30-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapabig View Post
I know, Sun is so bad on paint, but i guess is better than snow and be dealing with salt aka RUST
I agree .

Quote:
I love this Bayou color by the way.
The color has grown on me. I was on a trip in my previous car and came to the conclusion that I had about 500 safe miles left on the steering rack. I'd already decided to replace my 2001 Swift with a Yaris. I plopped myself down in Chicopee, MA. In those days (2006) the Cars.com link member roxy1 provided earlier this year (that can pull nationwide inventory on one search) didn't exist*.......so I had to search individual dealer websites. I searched the inventory of every Toyota dealer in the U.S. Northeast and in California (my state of residence at the time). I won't tell you how long this took . There were only 5 manual transmission 3 door examples of the Yaris in the entire Northeast! I ranked them by desirability (color, options, etc.). The color I wanted most (at the time) was Meteorite Metallic. The car that achieved my #1 ranking (VIN # was listed for all of my searches) was Meteorite Metallic in color. It was located in Cambridge, MA. I drove to Cambridge and visited the dealer. I was told the car was still out on the boat and hadn't come to port . My #2 choice was my current Bayou Blue baby. It was located in Rhode Island. I immediately drove to that dealership and completed the purchase. The Blue Book on my Swift was literally zero/a big goose egg (even if it hadn't needed a new steering rack)....mileage penalty didn't help . A wholesaler happened to be at the dealership for a different reason and I sold it to him for a few bucks (after he let me rip out the JL Audio, etc. stereo).

* = If it did.....considering the amount of time I spent on the individual dealer sites .....I don't want to know .

Last edited by nookandcrannycar; 06-30-2014 at 08:35 PM. Reason: added *
Old 07-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
chapabig
3dr Angry Bubble

Here is some pics i took on my weekend trip to Sanibel Island :) Mr. Bubbles in the sun

Old 07-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #7
chapabig
3dr Angry Bubble

GOOD NEWS!!!! i was able to find some 15" MR2 spyder wheels. i really like them but the tires are super huge 195-65-15. not only my car is not lowered but i have monster truck tires :) also, my friend gave me some green extended lug nuts.

What you guys think
Old 07-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Love the rims ...tires little big u can go rally race lol
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #9
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Those wheels do look good! They'll look even better when you get some lower profile tires, haha.

... and go even lower of course ;)
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #10
chapabig
3dr Angry Bubble

UPDATE:

I have installed tanabe df210's

painted calipers

17x7.5 Rota Circuit 10's

Plasti dipped a front mustage

Home Depot Lip.

LMK what you guys think
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2015, 12:37 AM   #11
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
I love the wheels and HD lip. Not really feeling the red calipers and plastidipped front end, but it's your car of course! I would love to see her dropped a little lower too ;)
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #12
chancellor6869

Drives: yaris hatch is the sh*t
i have never been a fan of the 17's on the yaris but you have a beautiful setup. i really enjoy looking at it.
chancellor6869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #13
chapabig
3dr Angry Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
I love the wheels and HD lip. Not really feeling the red calipers and plastidipped front end, but it's your car of course! I would love to see her dropped a little lower too ;)
I agree on the lowering part. Im starting to look for some coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancellor6869 View Post
i have never been a fan of the 17's on the yaris but you have a beautiful setup. i really enjoy looking at it.
Thank you so much sir
Old 01-23-2015, 06:18 PM   #14
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
UPDATE:

I have installed tanabe df210's

painted calipers

17x7.5 Rota Circuit 10's

Plasti dipped a front mustage

Home Depot Lip.

LMK what you guys think
Looks great .
Old 01-23-2015, 06:25 PM   #15
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Here is some pics i took on my weekend trip to Sanibel Island :) Mr. Bubbles in the sun

Great road trip . I stopped in those spots with my Bayou Blue in 2012.