Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
YotaYarisUSA

Drives: Yaris Sedan,Pacific Blue
Toyotaguard Plus Protection Group-XY70

There is a Yaris S.Sedan coming to my nearest Toyota, it has the powerpackage with steel wheels, but it has theToyoguard Plus Protection Group-XY70 added for 699. Is it worth it? It says it covers the following Exterior Paint Sealant, Undercoating and Interior Protection Application,No Charge for First Oil and Filter Change at any Southeast Toyota Dealership
Rental Car Assistance for Warranty Repairs,Roadside Assistance Program,Vehicle VIN Etch Glass Product Protection Program
wing. Seems to me thats a little pricey for that,but maybe I can get them to knock all that stuff off for half the price or something? I'm not good at car haggleing and I'm not sure what I should be paying for the yaris. I don't want to get cheated, what are some good websites in the U.S that will give you an honest price and help you get a fair market price and the car that you want.

Thanks for your time!

YotaYarisUSA
YotaYarisUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #2
St.Francis

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback, Manual
The Toyoguard Plus Protection Group-XY70 package is pure profit. SET puts it on most cars before they are shipped to their respective dealerships. The dealership's allocation manager has the option to delete this package(or add other options like running boards, mudguards, wheels etc..) and otherwise the may be stuck with a vehicle fully packaged with a high MSRP. The dealership that I worked for here in Georgia deleted the XY70 pkg so that they could price compete with the other local Toyota dealerships.
Try and have them sell the package to you at cost approx.$150 since you do get a free oil change, Rental Car Assistance for Warranty Repairs, Roadside Assistance Program,Exterior Paint Sealant, Undercoating and Vehicle VIN Etched Glass.
In no way is that package worth seven hundred dollars.
St.Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:38 PM   #3
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaYarisUSA
There is a Yaris S.Sedan coming to my nearest Toyota, it has the powerpackage with steel wheels, but it has theToyoguard Plus Protection Group-XY70 added for 699. Is it worth it? It says it covers the following Exterior Paint Sealant, Undercoating and Interior Protection Application,No Charge for First Oil and Filter Change at any Southeast Toyota Dealership
Rental Car Assistance for Warranty Repairs,Roadside Assistance Program,Vehicle VIN Etch Glass Product Protection Program
wing. Seems to me thats a little pricey for that,but maybe I can get them to knock all that stuff off for half the price or something? I'm not good at car haggleing and I'm not sure what I should be paying for the yaris. I don't want to get cheated, what are some good websites in the U.S that will give you an honest price and help you get a fair market price and the car that you want.

Thanks for your time!

YotaYarisUSA
That is on the high side. I did pay for the undercoating and roadside assistance and my dealer suggested the Vin etching, but it's on all the body panels, not just the glass. I paid a lot less than that in Canadian and I had 4 free oil changes. That was great, because I only asked for 3 when I was negotiating, but they put it into the computer as 4! If they won't move on the cost, maybe they will move on giving you more oil changes and a better interest rate....

The roadside assistance is worth it, in my opinion. I'm not sure what those programs cost in the US, but it's very expensive to go with a program like CAA.

I'm honestly not sure what websites are good in the US. I've used sites in Canada in the past, where you pay about 30 - 40 dollars, but it's worth it, because you know exactly where you stand when you're negotiating. You know right away if your getting a good deal or if you should just give up and go to another dealer.
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
http://www.kbb.com
Nada
http://www.edmunds.com

Here is a few good ones to start. It seems most peeps use the kelly blue book. But NADA is North American Dealers Association, which to me sounds like it should be better.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote