Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
Genuine Toyota Hitch for Yaris now available in Canada

For those of you who are interested, Toyota Canada now offers a hitch for the Yaris.

July 2007
ALL TOYOTA DEALER PRINCIPALS
ALL TOYOTA DEALER GENERAL MANAGERS
ALL TOYOTA SALES MANAGERS
ALL TOYOTA PARTS MANAGERS
ALL TOYOTA SERVICE MANAGERS
SUBJECT: 07 Yaris Sedan Towing Hitch and Wire Harness
Your Customization Development and Marketing department is pleased to launch the 07 Yaris SedanTowing Hitch and Wire Harness
Towing Hitch

Our towing hitch is designed with 700lbs of towing capacity with a tongue weight of 70lbs. This Genuine Toyota Accessory comes in a durable, compact carton that includes the hitch, drawbar, pull pin, clip, hitch plug cap and all fasteners required for installation. This Genuine Toyota Towing Hitch features an industry standard 1 ¼” hitch box that easily adapts to bike racks and other products. The hitch and drawbar are coated with a durable, high-quality black powder coat finish.

**Please note there are no special tool requirements or drills required for installation**

Wiring Harness
Our wire harness is designed with an industry standard custom fit 4-flat connector, with integrated protective cap and mounting hardware for easy installation to the hitch. The wire harness has an integrated circuit protector, to help prevent power loss due to an overload or short that may occur from the trailer. The harness also provides an additional protection to the rest of the vehicle circuits by drawing all of the trailer power directly from the battery. This will minimize interference with the operation of other accessories installed on the vehicle. The direct power source connection to the battery also provides optimal trailer light brightness. The current capacity on each of the turn and stop circuits are rated for up to 2.1 amps. The taillight circuit can handle an additional load of up to 5 amps.

**Please note there are no special tool requirements or drills required for installation**

Ordering Information:

PU325-52071 Towing Hitch msrp 229
PU322-52071-WH Wiring Harness msrp 85

Seems a little pricey, but I haven't checked into the prices of other hitches in Canada yet.

Here's a pic they give with the email
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:38 AM   #2
Larroc
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2010
I wish they have it here in the US. What happened to the photo?
Larroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:48 AM   #3
Stove

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larroc View Post
I wish they have it here in the US. What happened to the photo?
You can get them on Ebay. Sedan and LB hitches appear to be different as they have different part numbers. LB hitch is about $120 and the sedan hitch is about $155.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11050 hitch.jpg (9.1 KB, 699 views)
Stove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:07 AM   #4
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
cool
Old 03-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #5
swede

Drives: 07 SDN
voodoo22 - have you found anything cheaper in Canada? I am currently looking for a hitch and wiring harness for my 2007 Sedan
Old 03-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #6
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by swede View Post
voodoo22 - have you found anything cheaper in Canada? I am currently looking for a hitch and wiring harness for my 2007 Sedan
You'll die of old age before you hear from the OP.

etrailer.com is about the best we Cannucks can do for sourcing reasonably priced towing accessories.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #7
CB Spoolmak

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by swede View Post
For my 2007 Yaris sedan I used these guys last november,

https://www.emwholesaleautoaccessories.ca/

Hitch (like the one pictured above), T-one wire harness & a 2" ball for less than $200 delivered.

Last edited by CB Spoolmak; 03-09-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: correction
CB Spoolmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #8
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
You'll die of old age before you hear from the OP.

etrailer.com is about the best we Cannucks can do for sourcing reasonably priced towing accessories.
I got mine off of etrailer in NY. it was around $130 for the whole hitch/ball set up, wiring harness, and a couple ratchet straps. They had awesome customer service. I called them when they forgot to include a part and they made sure the part was in the mail that day. I would order from them again in a heartbeat
Old 04-22-2014, 07:50 AM   #9
JustPassinThru

Drives: No more Yaris
I had a hitch installed on my 2009 at a local farm and equipment retailer, Blain's Farm & Fleet, at one of their Wisconsin megastores.

I'm now far from there; and my 2012 needs hitching up. Now, of course towing capacity is VERY limited; but I was just pulling a lightweight motorcycle trailer. Which I need to move, together with the bikes, now.
JustPassinThru is offline   Reply With Quote