Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-22-2024, 11:45 AM   #1
snowblower

Drives: 2014 Yaris LE, France built
2014 Yaris, France built, front lower control arm bushings

Does anyone know if the front lower control arms on Japan and France built 2014 Yaris's are identical?

I have a 2014 Yaris LE, France built. I want to buy front lower control arm compliance bushings. MOOG K201351 is the part for the Yaris 2014 front control arm bushings, but Moog specs it as for "japan built" cars. I doubt, however, that's there's any difference. Does anybody have any experience with this?

I looked at other manufacturers, e.g. Mevotech, and they don't have any "Japan only" notes. I would prefer Moog, however, because I've had positive experience with their bushings on other cars.

I'm open to other suppliers if anyone has suggestions.

p.s. The horizontal bushing, MOOG K201307, does not have any such "japan only" note.
snowblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 12:18 PM   #2
thetut

Drives: 2007 4dr sedan
go to Toyodiy website and do a parts search by entering your VIN number.

You can then search equivalent parts for the toyota part number you get.
thetut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 01:06 PM   #3
snowblower

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know about Toyodiy (I'm new to Toyota). I didn't find any info there about control arms unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetut View Post
go to Toyodiy website and do a parts search by entering your VIN number.

You can then search equivalent parts for the toyota part number you get.
Old 02-22-2024, 05:17 PM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
They'll be the same.
Old 02-22-2024, 05:25 PM   #5
snowblower

Continuing the saga....

Moog show their K201351 as suitable for the 2006 to 2014 Yaris. I checked 2011, 2012, and 2013 and they have no "Japan built" fitment note. Then in 2014 they added the "Japan Built" as fitment note. Toyota shifted production to France in 2013, and that prodcution started in May 2013, which is (it seems to me) pelnty early enough to be shipping 2013 model year cars. So did France deliver 2013 model year vehicles or only 2014 model year vehicles?

I strongly suspect that Moog's information is wrong. I called Moog to ask, and they don't know. Although they took note.

I'll also note, that some other manufacturers of bushings don't have any "japan" firtment notes. They just quote "2014 Yaris".

Last edited by snowblower; 02-22-2024 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-22-2024, 05:26 PM   #6
snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
They'll be the same.
First vote for "same". Thank-you!
Old 02-23-2024, 03:39 AM   #7
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
Who says it is "Japan only"? Can you post a link?
The manufacturer does not seem to limit this for Japan only.
https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-k201351
If it is just some eshop, do not trust them, if all other sources do not comply.
Some eshops include horrible mistakes (Once they sold me spark plugs which were 1cm longer than the original, fortunately I noticed and did not screw them in. Later they confirmed they had nonsense in their online catalog).
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 10:43 AM   #8
snowblower

On Moog's corporate site there is a "Japan Built" fitment note starting for the 2014 Yaris model year. I called Moog's technical help line to confirm that for the 2014 year. That information is then repeated by retailers, e.g. in RockAuto's catalog. Moog's web site doesn't seem to work at this moment so I can't get the link. I can get a RockAuto link, however. Look at this: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...m+bushing,7532. You'll see the "Japan built" note. And then if you follow the "info" button
and look at the OEM part numbers, the France built lower control arm numbers are not there.

Indeed, moog-suspension-parts.com doesn't show the same note. They are a retailler of moog parts, however, not Moog corporate. The discrepency around this is part of the confusion. I always go to the corporate source to double check all my part numbers and fitment details before ordering anything.

Too bad Toyota don't sell individual bushings. I'd be happy to pay twice Moog's price for a Toyota branded bushing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komichal View Post
If it is just some eshop, do not trust them, if all other sources do not comply.
Some eshops include horrible mistakes (Once they sold me spark plugs which were 1cm longer than the original, fortunately I noticed and did not screw them in. Later they confirmed they had nonsense in their online catalog).
Old 02-23-2024, 01:16 PM   #9
snowblower

Moog's web site came back to life. Here is the link: Moog suspension parts for Yaris 204

Scroll down to K201351, and you'll see the "Japan Built" fitment note. Oddly, if you select the link for that part to read part details page there is not a "Japan Built" note. It just says "Yaris 2006-2014"

Anyways, I ordered them and I expect them to fit and if they do I'm going to send Moog feedback suggesting they fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komichal View Post
Old 03-04-2024, 09:57 AM   #10
snowblower

I installed the bushings. The MOOG K201351 bushing fit my 2014 France built Yaris perfectly, despite Moog saying noting "Japan built" for that part. p.s. I also replaced the smaller bushing with a new Moog and that fit perfectly too.