Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
gabagooo

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Thump, thump noise

Yaris Folk -

I need your assistance. My LB ia making a slight thump, thump noise - the noise seems to be coming from the right front wheel. The Dealer just replaced a wheel baring on the same side. The noise was much worse until the work was done. The thumping gets louder as I accelerate. Could it be another baring?

Thanks!

Happy Friday everyone.
Old 06-15-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
it could be your brakes...but i dunno....did your dealer check on that?
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
Check your tire . It may have a bubble , or something stuck in the tread .
HTM Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
gabagooo

I don't think that the dealer checked the breaks. I am taking it back on Monday and I'll ask them to check everything this time.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
when i replaced the wheel bearing in my other car its necessary to remove the driveshaft from the hub. It pulls / pushes the CV joint out of alignment temporarily. It clunked and popped but not for very long. Try lifting the wheel off the ground and spin it by hand while you listen to it... (using a jack of course). Of course you could just take it back in to the dealer.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #6
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabagooo View Post
Yaris Folk -

I need your assistance. My LB ia making a slight thump, thump noise - the noise seems to be coming from the right front wheel. The Dealer just replaced a wheel baring on the same side. The noise was much worse until the work was done. The thumping gets louder as I accelerate. Could it be another baring?

Thanks!

Happy Friday everyone.
The kid and I are going down to the tank museum some time soon. If you don't get it straightened out I am more then happy to help you locate the source. Do you have a good floor jack handy? We can just jack up that side of the vehicle and rotate the wheel by hand checking for the source.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
gabagooo

Thanks for the offer. I don't have a floor jack. I am off to Danville Toyota on Monday andn I am hoping that they will figure it out. I was wondering if my tires need balancing.

I hope you like the tank museum. I have lived in Danville for two years and I have to visit the place.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #8
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
[QUOTE=gabagooo;98292]Thanks for the offer. I don't have a floor jack. I am off to Danville Toyota on Monday andn I am hoping that they will figure it out. I was wondering if my tires need balancing.

I hope you like the tank museum. I have lived in Danville for two years and I have to visit the place.[/QUOTE

We could use your factory jack. I think that it is something simple like a missing wheel weight, or such.

I have already been to the museum and it is AWESOME!!! My son was too young to get the full effect and that is why I am doing a part #2 on the visit. If you are interested we might be able to coordinate a visit. Any kids on your end?
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:06 AM   #9
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I had some aggressive low profile tires on my old car and let my cousin take it for a test spin. He messed-up on the turn and smacked the crap out of the rear tire (luckily the rims didn't take the impact, or they'd had been garbage...it was that hard). Anyways, I had to the drive all the way back from NYC to Toronto, putting up with the 'thump-thump' all the ways...drove me crazy. The threads on the tires were knocked out of shape when it absorbed the impact against the curb.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #10
gabagooo

No more thump

The Yaris went in yesterday. The Dealer resolved the problem by rotating the tires. No more thump. Thanks everyone.