Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #19
DINOeggxo

Drives: white yaris hatchback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleTimeTim View Post
So awesome. Good stache too. It's like someone tries to say,"pink that's girlie..oh wait a mustache? Comment invalid."
lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by contraband831 View Post
I'm in LOVE! haha...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
Static or bust.

I like the stance. I do. It's a very clean car in that regard. Pink of course isn't my thing. However, the RPFs on your man's R should be on your car instead. Again, if that was the scene I were going for, your car would be a great one to draw from.

I find the stickers silly and some unnecessary (ie nofucksgiven) but eh. Your car. Just never understood the need to billboard profanity.

-C
everyone loves his wheels i don't but im not going for the because racecar look. haha

and yet i agree on the NFG sticker but it was a good part of my life and i still live by it to a extent. i do have a much larger one but the fact little kids love my car i wanted to keep it small, personal and not noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 403RS View Post
Who wants a moustache ride?

I do! i do!
hahahahaahaahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
No doubt this is an awesome build and those BBS' are raw.
thanks
DINOeggxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #20
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
tell the kids if they say nfg outloud youre going to chase them in the evil mustach machine

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #21
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
Yay! That makes three on air so far. (on YW)
I like that 4th pic in motion. Looks like you're braking REAL hard. :)

ENDO!
Attached Images

yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #22
david_mackk

Drives: Yaris 5dr LB
^LOL
Love the ride. Awesome stance!
david_mackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #23
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
I can totally see where you're coming from, my previous car was a super low (static) passat with stretch and poke. Finally moved up to my dream car (the R32) and knew that look didnt belong on the R, for me at least. I love the way race car yaris's look too! There use to be a guy around here with rally lights on his grill and black RPF1's on a black Yaris, I loved it!

But ive got to say: I LOVE driving her Yaris, even with the bags it reminds me of my old MK2 Gti as far as handling(yes the bags handle) and overall feel. But much like the euro scene it's stance or race car look. She wanted stance and picked all the parts and paid for everything, I just helped where I could. Plus she wanted it girly, can't get much more girly :). I think she said if she ever wants to go fast she is buying a STI haha.

The NFG thing use to be a group of tight friends and that was somthing we use to say to each other constantly(usually before doing somthing stupid/awesome) someone made stickers. The group has since gone it's ways but it's a pretty good way to explain the car. She wanted it bagged and didnt give a F what it took. 10 weeks waiting for custom struts and 3 months trying to find someone willing to make them.
Is that your R? Nice.

My car before the Yaris was a Mark 3 Jetta 2.0L, and like the Yaris, took a stupid amount of money if speed was the goal. I ended up going the style route but was constantly chastised that I was going for static with DD duties in mind. I lived in Brooklyn near the Williamsburg at the time so "laying frame" on every pot hole was not an option. As you know, VWs have their...quirks and after it eventually caught fire when the rad fan melted the harness, I was done.

The point of all that being is that a majority of the VW crowd goes stance, but its good to see an R that looks like you took the performance route with. I remember seeing an R on Vortex that was spraypainted with red and grey camoflague. It looked awful. But I've also seen some of them that look amazing.

And I love the endo shot with the added in panda.

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #24
sasquatch

Drives: 04.:R32, 87 Scirocco, 07 yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
Is that your R? Nice.

My car before the Yaris was a Mark 3 Jetta 2.0L, and like the Yaris, took a stupid amount of money if speed was the goal. I ended up going the style route but was constantly chastised that I was going for static with DD duties in mind. I lived in Brooklyn near the Williamsburg at the time so "laying frame" on every pot hole was not an option. As you know, VWs have their...quirks and after it eventually caught fire when the rad fan melted the harness, I was done.

The point of all that being is that a majority of the VW crowd goes stance, but its good to see an R that looks like you took the performance route with. I remember seeing an R on Vortex that was spraypainted with red and grey camoflague. It looked awful. But I've also seen some of them that look amazing.

And I love the endo shot with the added in panda.

-C
yep, that is my R. best automotive purchase yet! (i also have a caged and track ready Scirocco.... its for sale too). I feel this car needs to be shredable not stanced. I agree that LOTS of the vw community is going for the stance look, and lots of it looks really good but for me it doesn't belong on a R.

honestly i had a feeling the Yaris was gonna look good "stanced" like hers is now, but I'm honestly blown away at how good it turned out, i see it every day and i am still blown away at how good it looks. I LOVE the body lines of the Yaris and i think thatt they look good with any and all mods. Honestly if my R ever got to the point (500whp+) and i was financially OK that i didn't need or want to DD it anymore i would ABSOLUTELY consider a yaris as a DD, coils and wheels with a few bolt ons and it would be a total blast. In all seriousness i feel the Yairs is one of the most underrated economy cars out there!

oh, we will get pics of her hidden trunk setup too.
sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #25
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
Loving the air ride, something I'd like to do down the road, and glad you did it so I could get your springs ;0)

My two cents, however, is GET RID OF THE BADGES! With all the stickers in the rear window, there's a lot going on, and a de-badged Yaris is HOT!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #26
DINOeggxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckerface View Post
Loving the air ride, something I'd like to do down the road, and glad you did it so I could get your springs ;0)

My two cents, however, is GET RID OF THE BADGES! With all the stickers in the rear window, there's a lot going on, and a de-badged Yaris is HOT!
:) im glad you got them safely and went to a good home.

do you think i could De-badge it? after 5 years of owning it. something i been wanting to do for a while now..
Old 05-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #27
DINOeggxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Yay! That makes three on air so far. (on YW)
I like that 4th pic in motion. Looks like you're braking REAL hard. :)

ENDO!
i <3 that picture!!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:32 AM   #28
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DINOeggxo View Post
:) im glad you got them safely and went to a good home.

do you think i could De-badge it? after 5 years of owning it. something i been wanting to do for a while now..
Removing the badges on the rear is easy. It just takes a heat gun or a hair dryer, and some dental floss. The heat destroys the adhesive enough so you can relatively easily remove the badges with the floss.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #29
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
Even easier (though applying more heat helps) I just left mine out in direct sunlight on a hot WI afternoon, and gently pulled with some string to get them off. Left some residue behind, but nothing a bit of Goo Gone didn't take care of!

Do wait, do it!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #30
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Love that second picture, good job
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #31
DINOeggxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckerface View Post
Even easier (though applying more heat helps) I just left mine out in direct sunlight on a hot WI afternoon, and gently pulled with some string to get them off. Left some residue behind, but nothing a bit of Goo Gone didn't take care of!

Do wait, do it!
ok!! this will be done thursday! my friend up in Rochester wants to take pictures of this beast on friday..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Love that second picture, good job
thankyouu
Old 05-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #32
yPod09
All black everything.

Drives: '09 5dr All black.
WOW! LOVE YOUR CAR! (so does my girlfriend, who could really care less about cars). She loves PINK, DINOSAURS (your name), and MUSTACHES. She is a fan of you!

Way to have a car fantasy and make it happen! Impressive ride!
yPod09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #33
JTDBT903

Drives: '08 SEDAN 5 SPD.
Looks good Dino!

Def have to see it in person if you're around the northeast Ohio scene again.

Sooooooo, how much did it set you back?
Old 05-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #34
DINOeggxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by yPod09 View Post
WOW! LOVE YOUR CAR! (so does my girlfriend, who could really care less about cars). She loves PINK, DINOSAURS (your name), and MUSTACHES. She is a fan of you!

Way to have a car fantasy and make it happen! Impressive ride!
that makes me happy! I like to tell people I drive a dinosaur egg on wheels. Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTDBT903 View Post
Looks good Dino!

Def have to see it in person if you're around the northeast Ohio scene again.

Sooooooo, how much did it set you back?
I'm willing to come out again! I'm usually around euro car people and would love to attend a yaris meet! That's my goal.

Didn't set me back! Which is a good thing :)!! I just paid off the car and tax return! It was a total of 4000 - 3000 of in parts and 1000 was install by a very professional shop that does lots of air installs. everything is hidden so you cant even tell its there. It would have been less if I had a different controller but I'm a bit of a high class Chica and went with the higher price controller.

Last edited by DINOeggxo; 05-31-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #35
JTDBT903

Drives: '08 SEDAN 5 SPD.
You think you can shoot a video of it in action?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #36
DINOeggxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTDBT903 View Post
You think you can shoot a video of it in action?
Someone just messages my boyfriend about doing this and to my understanding this guy is a big deal? but it's raining in buffalo today and I was going to shoot something for everyone to show how fast it actually works and you can actually adjust how fast and slow you want your air to lift up and down. It will happen :):) hopefully by Sunday.