Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-27-2018, 04:15 PM   #1
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
BC Racing BR coilover installation help (or Megans)

I got my BR's in the mail yesterday and will be installing them this weekend but I was prepping the mounts to test fit everything and noticed that the BR's come with a spacer that sits on the front strut stem. It is the same as seen in the picture in post #25
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...t=33290&page=2

I noticed that with the spacers the bearing doesn't sit very flush to it and it doesn't mate and put perfect pressure on the right spot on the bearing. Without the spacer, the bearing fits perfectly flush and makes good contact with the top spring perch.

My question is can anyone confirm that the spacer is needed or has anyone ran either BR's or Megan coilovers without the spacer?

Without the spacer I had to move the spring up about 3mm for proper preload but other than that I see no issues.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
Dliverance

Drives: 2012 Black sand pearl <3
Can you post some pictures?
Dliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #3
tmontague

I'll try and post some later this week, it's been a hectic week.

I figured out that the spacer is needed and the bearing ends up seating fine as long as you raise the spring lower perch up a few 3mm when adjusting preload
Old 04-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #4
Dliverance

Drives: 2012 Black sand pearl <3
Did you ever end up getting some pictures? My bilsteins are on back order for up to four months and I don’t feel like running that many events stock so I might cancel the order. I’m just a little bit skeptical about bc coilovers still.
Dliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:23 PM   #5
tmontague

The spacer definitely needs to be on there and is installed in this oders: spacer>bearing>nut>rubber isolator/topmount

I'll post a review up once I've had enough seat time on the BC's. Time will tell how durable they are, and they are definitely on the lower end of the price range but still are not cheap. I would put Megan's in that category (BC makes them) but not these. The build quality seems really good and I've been very surprised at how DDable the 7k F 9k R springs are. I thought it would be jarring but its honestly not much harsher than my old set up. Expansion joints can be more noticeable but they are still DDable and I even had my 16month old in the backseat the other day with my wife and her comment was "I didn't even noticed a difference"