Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-25-2012, 12:20 AM   #1
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
My Apple lament......

So I pre ordered my iPhone 5 on 14th September. I had been checking the app store all day to see if it had been updated, every half hour approx I had been checking.

Anyway it re opened and I pre ordered. I'm still waiting for my phone. In fact, i'm still waiting for an email to tell me that they are going to ship my phone. All I have is an invoice. Wow, a freaking invoice!

I will never pre order an Apple product like this again. I could have just walked into an Apple store, the day after the madness and bought one. Now all Apple stores are out of stock here.

So every time my iPhone 4S goes "Bing" I instinctively pull it out of my pocket hoping to get an email stating it's being shipped. But alas, it is not. I'm sure many of you are in the same boat.

Any of you have an i5 yet? Tell me what you like/dislike/think about it.

Anyway, here's a few funnies hoping to lighten my mood......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i1.jpg (101.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg i2.jpg (174.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg i3.jpg (29.1 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg i4.jpg (111.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg i5.jpg (34.9 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg i6.jpg (78.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg i7.jpg (24.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg i8.jpg (46.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg i9.jpg (32.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg i10.jpg (33.7 KB, 67 views)

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
mine shipped on the 22nd. it was initially stated as 'shipped by oct 5th'. when did you order it? I think that 2000 person riot at foxconn might have a hand...or not.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
mine shipped on the 22nd. it was initially stated as 'shipped by oct 5th'. when did you order it? I think that 2000 person riot at foxconn might have a hand...or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
So I pre ordered my iPhone 5 on 14th September. I had been checking the app store all day to see if it had been updated, every half hour approx I had been checking.

Anyway it re opened and I pre ordered. I'm still waiting for my phone. In fact, i'm still waiting for an email to tell me that they are going to ship my phone. All I have is an invoice. Wow, a freaking invoice!

I will never pre order an Apple product like this again. I could have just walked into an Apple store, the day after the madness and bought one. Now all Apple stores are out of stock here.

So every time my iPhone 4S goes "Bing" I instinctively pull it out of my pocket hoping to get an email stating it's being shipped. But alas, it is not. I'm sure many of you are in the same boat.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #4
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
I have neither but I like the new Samsung Commercial.
YouTube
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
I lol'd at Obi Wan.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
i meant when as in time of day. I did mine during noon.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:24 AM   #7
*MAD DOG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
i meant when as in time of day. I did mine during noon.
About 6:42pm (GMT +10) 14th September 2012. I am in Australia. Very different time zone to where you are.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:52 AM   #8
Fidelio
EcoFriendly

Drives: 2007 Vitz HB
http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Fidelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
If you ordered it directly from Apple, go to store under apple.com and check your orders from the "my account" section. From there you can see if it has or when it will ship.

By the way, I ordered mine on the 14th as well, but missed the first batch, so my expected delivery date was October 5. Mine actually shipped this past Saturday from China and, as of this morning, is in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong. Apple used to use Fedex and when things shipped from China they would only take 2 days to arrive. This time they are using UPS, and it looks like it is going to take a while.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #10
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Hubby pre-ordered his from BestBuy on 9/14. First one in the door that morning. Hadn't received anything other than the confirmation email that the pre-order was taken. 9/21 rolls around and we still hadn't heard anything else. So we head over to BestBuy, getting there maybe 10 min after they opened that morning. Were told that his phone wasn't coming in yet and they didn't know when it would be in. He ordered the 64gb black.

He loves his new phone (upgraded from the 4). I'm not that impressed with it.

We went over to an AT&T store, walked right in, and picked up the 64gb white in less than 10 minutes. But that location only had about (5) 64gb in total.

So I think part of it depends on which one you pre-ordered as to how long it will take to arrive. It seems Apple made more of the 16gb and 32gb than they did the 64gb. And white for the 64gb was easier to come by than the black this time around.

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Jeff just got one -- now he doesn't get all my texts. :-/
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #12
*MAD DOG*

Maybe he set up a filter on his messages :P

Old 09-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #13
SailDesign

Drives: .
Sheeple....
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #14
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelio View Post
Yes, fiddling while Rome burns. It must be painful for you to care about the debt, yet be virtually surrounded by a lack of enough concern for it (at least re a majority of the people). I couldn't take that mentality nor any subset of it any longer. My grandfather was a 3rd generation Californian (I = 5th generation) and I'm sure he's rolling over in his grave re many of the current state, local, and national government policies. The Clinton years represented a compromise that yielded better real time policy, IMO.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post

I do have to admit though the photos are hilarious (they hadn't yet loaded when I was typing my previous post).
Old 09-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #16
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Sheeple....
. I have a MacBook Pro, but I've never understood why anyone would buckle under to Apple re accepting their phone contract terms, nor put up with the Consolidated DB file (unless you go to the trouble of blocking it and keeping it blocked) that leaves a trail re everywhere your phone has been. Too Orwellian for my taste.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 AM   #17
*MAD DOG*

Says I will receive it on 01/10/12 (DD/MM/YY). Yay!

Old 09-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #18
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Your current iPhone not working anymore?
I'm noticing a pattern......
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote