Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
had a keep-pace race

so a guy from matrixowners.com has recently become the 3rd awd matrix to attempt supercharging his car with a trd supercharger.

for those that don't know, the awd matrix is auto, 123hp from the factory (1zzfe) and heavier than a fwd matrix due to the independent rear suspension and rear differential

s/c seems to have made a decent difference for the driver.

he pulled up next to me at a red light after leaving the toyota nation meet last night and asked if i wanted to try to keep pace with his matrix, i said sure

we're both turning left, so when we straighten out, i stay in first and wait to hear him get on it.

well, we run up the cars and im still beside him in first, i pound into second and start inching away.

we stop at the top of second gear since the speed limit was 80kph in the area we were in

needless to say, i was happy i was pulling on him.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
HAHA, you have that Greddy in yet?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote