Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #19
Uber_Otter

Drives: Black XA not yaris but close
Got 4 new replacement plugs from E3 on friday, put them in sunday. I really like these plugs. Car feels better, starts easier, smoother acceleration, and more top end power. They feel the way they did when the last set was me was new.

I really don't care if something fails as long as the company responds well. I will have to check mileage when I stop romping around on the car. I usually get 30.5 in the city. In Dallas that means 50% time your going 10mph 50% your going 85mph. It should go up some.

I removed the secondary air filter from my stock air box, replaced the filter and removed the snorkel. It's flows a lot better now, more noise but no drone. That second filter looks like more of an acoustic dampener. Very restrictive. I also cleaned my Mass airflow sensor with MAF spray.
Uber_Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #20
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
I just replaced my four Bosch 4 tip plugs with the same thing. My mileage was dipping considerably and after a process of elimination, the plugs were the solution. Got them on Amazon and they had a $4 rebate per plug so I was able to effectively replace all 4 for under $9.

Plus the installation took under 10 minutes.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #21
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daf62757 View Post
I just replaced my four Bosch 4 tip plugs with the same thing. My mileage was dipping considerably and after a process of elimination, the plugs were the solution. Got them on Amazon and they had a $4 rebate per plug so I was able to effectively replace all 4 for under $9.

Plus the installation took under 10 minutes.
How many miles/KM did you have on them? I'm running the same plugs and don't really like them. I have about 40-50K km on them now.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #22
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
How many miles/KM did you have on them? I'm running the same plugs and don't really like them. I have about 40-50K km on them now.
Pulled them at 63k miles. had them in for about 55k miles.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #23
Uber_Otter

Drives: Black XA not yaris but close
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
I think the E3s are hotter plugs. relativly speaking our engines our low compression. If you can run low octane according to the manual, then its low compression and can run a hot plug. There is so much metal on top on these E3s they are all considered hot. Since the temps are hot but stable I think thats why you can get so many miles out of a non iridium plug. They stay high in the self clean range without melting.

I'm at 106k miles now, I like these plugs still.
Uber_Otter is offline   Reply With Quote