Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
wushumasterku

Drives: 06 White LE HB 5spd
what tires you using?

any ones you would recommend for ultra summer?

and also separate winter tires?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:21 PM   #2
blueskana

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
I've heard nothing but good things and am getting a set of michelin x-ice for winter in CO. As for UHP's, what do you want to do with them characteristic-wise and what's most important to you: looks, price, grip, treadwear, etc.?
blueskana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
wushumasterku

Drives: 06 White LE HB 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskana View Post
I've heard nothing but good things and am getting a set of michelin x-ice for winter in CO. As for UHP's, what do you want to do with them characteristic-wise and what's most important to you: looks, price, grip, treadwear, etc.?
i guess i'm looking for grip/handling first. then treadwear. then looks. somewhere in there is price :P
Old 09-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
pp.sweet

Drives: Red Yaris HatchBack
So far..just the ones I got with my yardee...but looking to upgrade soon..........

wELCOME TO oUR wORLD..
pp.sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
dadi_oh

Drives: RS 4 Door Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wushumasterku View Post
any ones you would recommend for ultra summer?

and also separate winter tires?
I vote for the separate winter tires (at least here in Canada). I just bought a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi on steelies. Haven't had a chance to try them yet but I am going on the advice of the tire guy who seemed quite knowledgeable. These were quite expensive at $153CDN per tire (compared to $133 for the Toyo G02 Observe) but the claim is that the Hakks will out perform in maneuvering. Funny thing is the tread looks almost identical to the Pirelli Winter Carving tires that I had on my Jetta which I was really pleased with. Except the sipes go 100% of the depth on the Hakks and only about 50% on the Pirellis. We shall see in a couple of months
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hakka_RSI.jpg (14.9 KB, 28 views)