Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
You need this , you can make it yourself , PM me or PM Garm if you want to buy one

Garm supplies these with the correct relay with his foglight kits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fog light wire 004.JPG (189.1 KB, 144 views)
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #20
Jrilla

Drives: 09 Yaris 4Dr Sedan
Thanks anyway, I out grew stuffed animals and plastic rulers last year and I don't want to risk a regression.

I will let you know if I can't find anything locally. Is it really necessary to use both pins? I can't see what benefit that would have when they are just connected to each other a few inches away from the connector. I was only planning on using 1 pin, unless I end up with that connector of course.

The only extra power supply I have has all round and square pin connectors.

Thanks
Jrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:22 PM   #21
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyz View Post
You can, but it requires more work and about the same in $ if you have to go and buy the wire and the crimp blades (assuming thats what you did).

Pic of your work? Curious to see exactly how you did the wiring.
I didn't want to wait to have to mail order the actual relay and I had all the parts on hand to do it this way.

Anyhow, here's a pic of the wires going to the relay plug. Not a lot of help, but you get the idea... these wires are connected to the contact pins of the relay included with my fog light kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg relay.JPG (44.2 KB, 134 views)
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #22
PROX4x4
1.5 or 2.5 both=0-60 in 8

Drives: 08 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Here's an ebay link to the relay for just over $10 with shipping (I bought my relay from this seller):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...4506.m20.l1116

For the switch, I used an illuminated rocker switch and mounted it next to the dimmer rheostat.
Scott,

I bought a fog light kit from DT Moto from Ebay, the did not send me the relay that goes under the dash.
What I understood is that switch powers the relay (close the contacts) using pin# 3 (headlight low beam)? and we can wire the contact points of the relay to the vertical pins of where the orgininal relay goes under the dash?

Followed a lot of threads by you and other members, just want to make sure I know what I am doing.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #23
PROX4x4
1.5 or 2.5 both=0-60 in 8

Drives: 08 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROX4x4 View Post
Scott,

I bought a fog light kit from DT Moto from Ebay, the did not send me the relay that goes under the dash.
What I understood is that switch powers the relay (close the contacts) using pin# 3 (headlight low beam)? and we can wire the contact points of the relay to the vertical pins of where the orgininal relay goes under the dash?

Followed a lot of threads by you and other members, just want to make sure I know what I am doing.

Thanks!
BTW, do you have the twin read wire that goes under the dash fuse box (positive foglight) and the original relay? I couldn't find it anywhere.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROX4x4 View Post
Scott,

Thanks!
That is correct. The picture in #21 above shows that.

I have an extra one of the relays and the pins that you need for the under-hood fuse box, if you are interested.