Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Yaris TS Talk
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
Tash86za

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1.8TS

hi guys not sure where to introduce myself here so thort id start at the TS talk forum seein as i have a TS.

Watsup???!!!
From Cape Town South Africa

Old 01-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
RJay

Drives: 2002 Toyota Yaris T-sport
Since it's not been removed I'll just gently bump this thread ;)

I just registered, have had my p1 TS for 4 months now and loving it ^^ Trying to get a mental list of what parts are available for a yaris for maintenance, and I'm thinking about putting in a TRD air and oil filter, 200cpi catalystic converter and I am in doubt as to if I should or should not fit a TTE spoiler. If it's just for the looks I won't bother because honestly, it; s still a very stable ride at 100mph+, but if it helps the wind let go of my car a bit better I will consider.
Also I'm doubting on what spark plugs to get with the filter and cat, I estimate the stock denso's are fine but the eridiums are said to have twice the life or more.......

Oh, by the way, I also race this car when my bank account allows me... The holes in the window are dad's idea, they have no effect what so bloody ever. Lol.

RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Cool..

the TS don't come with a spoiler. I'm pretty sure the TTE spoiler don't do anything. And now that i remember the TS don't come with a spoiler.. this is what i had on mine. It clears the rear window when it's raining :)

This is the base model with the TS wheels.

edit: i also just want to mention that, despite the exterior has been updated, the interior remains the old style.. with a new style steering wheel. funny how Toyota does things sometimes.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
RJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Cool..

the TS don't come with a spoiler. I'm pretty sure the TTE spoiler don't do anything. And now that i remember the TS don't come with a spoiler.. this is what i had on mine. It clears the rear window when it's raining :)

This is the base model with the TS wheels.
[img]

edit: i also just want to mention that, despite the exterior has been updated, the interior remains the old style.. with a new style steering wheel. funny how Toyota does things sometimes.
[img]
I don't want anything fancyer than a tte on, it's my road car, not my racecar (Where the wing actually works) :) So I'll just save that cash for something else.

And yeah, the interior is just updated with analog speedo and tacho instead of the digital one. I don't mind though, I spend most my time looking at the road anyway.

Though I have to say I love the dashboard of the new yaris.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #5
IllusionX

The TS don't get a digital cluster AFAIK.

I like the spoiler that i put on mine.. it as a little extra niceness to it. Thought, the TS still look nice without it..

here is my base model without the spoiler
Old 01-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
RJay

Yeah :) That's what I meant.
Indeed, that's my blue one's butt right now, I don't mind one bit, really.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #7
IllusionX

I would love to import a TS when they will be allowed in (15 years old)
Old 01-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #8
RJay

Why the wait for 15 years? That's just odd.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #9
IllusionX

because of some stupid laws here, which requires a larger rebar behind the bumpers.
If you notice on mine, the bumper is much larger than yours.

Any cars that don't comply with the security at the time of production cannot be imported before 15 years old.

edit: here is a comparison in bumper size.. the black one has a modified front rebar and removed the rear one to fit the JDM Vitz RS bumpers.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:59 PM   #10
RJay

Oh yeah, those same type of laws that sprouted special american bumpers on porsches and such b ack in the day. lol.

Here's my rear bumper, the ts bumper here seems to stick out a bit extra over that black one?

Old 01-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #11
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
because of some stupid laws here, which requires a larger rebar behind the bumpers.
If you notice on mine, the bumper is much larger than yours.

Any cars that don't comply with the security at the time of production cannot be imported before 15 years old.

edit: here is a comparison in bumper size.. the black one has a modified front rebar and removed the rear one to fit the JDM Vitz RS bumpers.

Any idea what the rationale is behind this regulation, and why they picked 15 years (or was it an arbitrary number ) ?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote