Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #1
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

Drives: 08 solstice gxp, 06 triumph s3
Send a message via AIM to tekmoe
installed the greddy ti-c exhaust

yup, it's loud just like everyone else has said who has installed it. install took about 30 minutes tops from removing the old exhaust and putting on the new greddy.

i'm almost considering putting the silencer back in. this thing is a little rumbler!

will have pics and video tomorrow!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
webomatics

Drives: SILVER BULLET
I put mine last week and I love it. I could not take the silencer out, so I took it as a sign and left it in. Have you lost any power in the lower end?

CIMG0745.JPG
webomatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:43 AM   #3
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

can't really tell any difference honestly. feels the same as before, just ALOT louder.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #4
RShatchback

Drives: 07 yaris liftback
Yeah, feels the same, I dont know why you couldnt get the silencer out - its not like apexi, where you remove the one bolt and pull it out. You have the remove the 4 bolts around the tip, the remove the entire tip itself, and then pull the silencer out. Then put the tip back on in reverse order. The silencer is kinda bolted into the inside of the muffler. If you did all that, some times you need to be violent with it to pull it out. I didnt even have the plastic wrap off my muffler and i took that thing out. I didnt pay to not hear it.
RShatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
webomatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShatchback View Post
Yeah, feels the same, I dont know why you couldnt get the silencer out - its not like apexi, where you remove the one bolt and pull it out. You have the remove the 4 bolts around the tip, the remove the entire tip itself, and then pull the silencer out. Then put the tip back on in reverse order. The silencer is kinda bolted into the inside of the muffler. If you did all that, some times you need to be violent with it to pull it out. I didnt even have the plastic wrap off my muffler and i took that thing out. I didnt pay to not hear it.
Ok ill admit I’m an idiot and a pussy. First of I forgot to take the last bolt out. So of course the thing will sit there, and you’re right if you pay you want to hear it ill be taking it out in a couple of minutes thanks.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
RShatchback

You'll like it better..trust me, its loud - but not obnoxious. I've sat at lights next to cops at least 3 times since i've had it in, and just kept the rpms down while leaving the light. THey dont even look twice. You'd have to be gas to the floor to get their attention.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #7
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
i installed mine 2 days ago...gonna put sound clips up hopeflly this weekend along with pics...but the thing is pretty loud....installed it 1130 at night...so surprised when i started it up... so small but so loud
nqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #8
webomatics

Quote:
Hey I’m confused my car only has 3 bolts around the tip not 4. so I was not such and idiot anybody with the TI-C and 4 bolts?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #9
nqd

yea i have 3 as well....
Old 06-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #10
webomatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqd View Post
yea i have 3 as well....
Was it difficult to pull it out?
Old 06-08-2007, 01:12 PM   #11
nqd

yea at first it was... like it said in this thread you gotta pull out the tip and then i "fingdandled" it out....took alot of strength
Old 06-08-2007, 01:24 PM   #12
RShatchback

my bad - i meant to put a question mark after the 4, I wasnt sure - i was guessing. Either way, after its off - you almost have to use a slide hammer to get it out of there. Its usually a little harder after its been heated up and run. If you have a narrow crow bar or something similar that is hooked on the end. You slide it in, hook it around the bottom and yank it out real good. Sorry about the bolt confusion...I'm at work - couldnt run outside to double check.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #13
webomatics

Quote:
my bad - i meant to put a question mark after the 4, I wasnt sure - i was guessing. Either way, after its off - you almost have to use a slide hammer to get it out of there. Its usually a little harder after its been heated up and run. If you have a narrow crow bar or something similar that is hooked on the end. You slide it in, hook it around the bottom and yank it out real good. Sorry about the bolt confusion...I'm at work - couldnt run outside to double check.
The crowbar did it, thanks, i have to say Holly Crap that thing is loud!!!, i'm still debating to leave or put it back in, maybe it will grow on me will see.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #14
nqd

Hey do u guys get a funny smell inside the car after the exhaust install ??
Old 06-08-2007, 06:22 PM   #15
RShatchback

new exhaust always smells like burning metal/welding material. Its just the packing inside the canister wearing in. It will go away soon. Dont worry about it. (if thats what your talking about)

P.S. after a few weeks the exhaust packing will break in a bit and the exhaust will get a bit of a burbling sound to it when you rev it. Just so you know.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #16
tekmoe
ex-yaris owner

i haven't noticed any funny smell. did you take a shower after installing it........?

kidding.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #17
R0ME0

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS Turbo
Where's the videos?