Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #1
N7Shepard
Commander

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
Question My passenger door is permanently locked! HELP!

Hello, this is one of my first posts, so I'll try to make it work.

My 2007 Yaris S Sedan has Manual door locks and windows. I was replacing the speakers when I messed up on my passenger door. I opened the door, took off the plastic panel, replaced the speaker, somehow dislocated the door lock and handle clips to the metal bars that work the doors hinge. I replaced the panel without knowing the door locks and handles were not attached, screwed it all nice and together, and closed the door.

Now I can't open the door by the outside lock, the inside handle, the outside handle, and the only way to fix it is to remove the panel, which cannot now be accessed due to the door not being able to be opened.

I have tried removing some plastic covers (i.e. the plastic handle cup comes off) and this allows me to see some possible access points, but nothing has show promise yet.

So, I was thinking: would a slim jim type of door opener grab the metal cable and be able to open the door?
Is there some way that you know of that works?
Or am I fucked?

Thanks!
N7Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:09 AM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
I know that door hinges are accessible if you remove the fender panel.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #3
N7Shepard
Commander

So you're saying if I remove the plastic wheel-well and then the metal fender that's above the wheel? I'm not against the idea, just want to clarify.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:33 PM   #4
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Try to find the door cables using the small opening you have. Thats your best bet. Small hands would probably be best.

Still havent figured out how you can possibly mess the connections to the outside door handle.

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:06 AM   #5
N7Shepard
Commander

Thanks. I'll try sometime soon when I get my slim-jim in the mail. Then I'll try the openings I have, cuz I can just almost get to them, then the fender as a last resort.

Tags
2007, door, lock, sedan, yaris