Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-25-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
ross sez

Drives: 08 Yaris 5spd Sedan
How to tell if my Yaris has Keyless Entry...

When I bought my Yaris from the dealer last month I could have sworn when I test drove the car it had the keyless entry fob on the keychain with the key. When I took delivery of the vehicle they gave me a couple keys that they had just made for it and the sales guy said they couldn't find the original with the key fob on it. Then he wasn't sure that it had it to begin with...

How can I tell if my Yaris already has keyless entry so I can just buy another fob?
ross sez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The receiver for keyless entry is located within the center console (under the arm rest). You can either pop that area open to look for it, or you can do the below procedure to put the door receiver in "Confirmation Mode". If it responds then you know you have it.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...19&postcount=6
CTScott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
ross sez

Drives: 08 Yaris 5spd Sedan
Thanks! I'll check it out tomorrow when I get a chance.
ross sez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyi View Post
I bought a Kia optima and was told by the saleman it had no keyless entry avalible, but talked to a parts and service and they said it was. Is their any way to tell by looking at the car? The salesman said he would get new keys for the car but later said that they did not make them for this car.
Besides what I mentioned above, checking the VIN against the EPC will show what options it was built with, including keyless entry.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
tk1971

Drives: 08 2Dr LB Base, Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Besides what I mentioned above, checking the VIN against the EPC will show what options it was built with, including keyless entry.
How does one check the VIN against the EPC? What's a EPC?

Nevermind... found this:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...&highlight=epc
tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote