Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-30-2016, 03:10 AM   #1
kappa_md

Drives: Yaris RS2 2012
UR Rear Strut/Tower Bar - RE2-636

Hi guys! Just want to ask if you have any experience or reviews about this UR rear strut/tower bar? I already have the front tower strut bar and rear antiroll bar. I know for a front engine front wheel drive, and hatch, it helps to stiffen the rear. Thanks for the replies! See pic fore reference
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0196.JPG (86.5 KB, 104 views)
kappa_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 10:47 PM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Sorry you wasted your money, but that won't do anything for stiffening chassis rigidity. Bolting that thing to the top of your SHOCKS in the rear that are RUBBER MOUNTED will do nothing but inconvenience you. There is absolutely no lateral load on the rear shock mounting points.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:19 PM   #3
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
I was thinking it would help with straight line stability at the top/bottom of hills, over coming squat/lift camber, them I remembered the torsion bar suspension set-up. so no, this only adds weight to the vehicle...
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #4
kappa_md

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
Sorry you wasted your money, but that won't do anything for stiffening chassis rigidity. Bolting that thing to the top of your SHOCKS in the rear that are RUBBER MOUNTED will do nothing but inconvenience you. There is absolutely no lateral load on the rear shock mounting points.
Thank you for your reply sir. I'm learning alot about our yaris, thanks to yarisworld 😊 I already have the 19mm rear antiroll bar. How about the front upper strut bar and the rear lower member brace, do you think they add help also?

Pic for reference

TW2-939 (front upper)
RL2-406 (rear lower)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0195.JPG (93.7 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0197.JPG (84.6 KB, 78 views)
Old 11-01-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

The front one yes because it's bolted to the chassis. That lower rear one would if it was designed differently and even then you'd never notice it.

The front one makes a noticeable difference in steering feel because it's connected to parts of the chassis that can flex and change camber angles at high load. The brace will pull on the other strut tower and help keep it in line.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:18 AM   #6
kappa_md

Thank you for your knowledge and time sir :)
Old 11-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #7
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
the rear brace would help with chassis rigidity. it would be good with the side braces if you were to chop the roof and make a yaris convertible....
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:15 AM   #8
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
the rear brace would help with chassis rigidity. it would be good with the side braces if you were to chop the roof and make a yaris convertible....
ok.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #9
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
PhotoGrid_1478189729185.jpg
front tower strut...good just like everyone in this thread said, you can notice them right away...rear sway bar...i dont even feel them...i just got it because it came as a set..
after 6 months got my cabin tower brace and center floor brace....omg 😲😲😲 now its stiff as a mother fu*ker...the whole car became stiff af..my car dont even lean anymore on corners haha...i lost comfort though....😣😣😣

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:41 AM   #10
kappa_md

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbito View Post
Attachment 57645
front tower strut...good just like everyone in this thread said, you can notice them right away...rear sway bar...i dont even feel them...i just got it because it came as a set..
after 6 months got my cabin tower brace and center floor brace....omg 😲😲😲 now its stiff as a mother fu*ker...the whole car became stiff af..my car dont even lean anymore on corners haha...i lost comfort though....😣😣😣

Thank you for sharing your ride sir :) just want to ask if your center floor brace and cabin tower brace are custom made/ fabricated? are they bolt-on to existing chassis points? (kob kun mak krab) :)
Old 11-09-2016, 10:45 AM   #11
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa_md View Post
Thank you for sharing your ride sir :) just want to ask if your center floor brace and cabin tower brace are custom made/ fabricated? are they bolt-on to existing chassis points? (kob kun mak krab) :)
there are existing point for cabin and center brace..you only have to put a hole inside plastic panel to get to the point

Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:53 AM   #12
kappa_md

Salamat po! �� (Thank you!)