Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-24-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
thea500

Drives: 2006 Vitz
Getting car look great after hit

Hello, I have a 2006 Vitz. I scratch the driver side door with a pillar. The day after I immediately took it to a panel beater so that I could fix it. The panel beater told me it could be done and the results are great (from what it was).

However now I noticed that the front bonnet does not seem to be closing properly. When I look to the front of the car I can see that on the driver side, the gap between the bonnet and the front is a few millimetres (not more then 5mm) wider then on the passengers side. It is not that it is a big eye sore but it is still annoying. What worries me the most is the fact that I did not hit the front of the car and all the damage was on the door. In other words the body of the car was never touched and in fact the panel beater told me that the car is in great shape.

Therefore I was wondering; could it be that when I hit the passenger door, this might have moved a little backward and pulled the bonnet backwards as well? What makes me feel like that is the fact that the gap between the front door and back door also get narrower.

In this case, does this mean that the body of the car is damaged? Also would professional Toyota repairs help me get the bonnet close properly and therefore the gaps look as if original (ex: align the parts)? Note that all the parts of the car are original (the door was not replaced).
thea500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
thea500

Drives: 2006 Vitz
Since I did not get a reply I will try to simplify my question. Does anyone here with experience know if a hit on the driver door should have somehow also moved the bonnet/hood? Should a panel beater / auto body mechanic be able to make the bonnet/hood fit properly again? Or this is something I will have to become content with?
thea500 is offline   Reply With Quote